Treating scratches on palmelato leather

eris

Jun 21, 2008
2_zpsb1c4590e.jpg

1_zps23e6ddc9.jpg

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post..

I noticed today these deep scratches on the back of my luggage. I know that over time, scratches are inevitable but at the moment, they're really bugging me! Is there any product that I can use to buff out the scratches maybe, or make it less obvious looking?

I'm starting to regret not having sprayed it when I first got it, but I never carry it when there's a forecast of rain.

2_zpsb1c4590e.jpg

1_zps23e6ddc9.jpg

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post..

I noticed today these deep scratches on the back of my luggage. I know that over time, scratches are inevitable but at the moment, they're really bugging me! Is there any product that I can use to buff out the scratches maybe, or make it less obvious looking?

I'm starting to regret not having sprayed it when I first got it, but I never carry it when there's a forecast of rain.

Not sure if this will work, but have you tried taking the warmth of your finger and rubbing it into the scratches to see if it makes a difference? I don't have this bag or leather, but I have done this technique on other leathers...and have had success in blending in the scratches.

Not sure if this will work, but have you tried taking the warmth of your finger and rubbing it into the scratches to see if it makes a difference? I don't have this bag or leather, but I have done this technique on other leathers...and have had success in blending in the scratches.

I've tried it to no avail, the scratches seem too deep.

I've read on the Celine tips that apparently a little La Mer may work? Not sure if I'm ready to raid my mom's stash, and was hoping there would be some tried and true leather protectant. That's what I get for not doing due diligence when I first got the bag.

I've tried it to no avail, the scratches seem too deep.

I've read on the Celine tips that apparently a little La Mer may work? Not sure if I'm ready to raid my mom's stash, and was hoping there would be some tried and true leather protectant. That's what I get for not doing due diligence when I first got the bag.

What a shame that they did not come out.

I have to add that I never thought that a leather protectant would protect the bag for anything other than the 'elements', (i.e. rain, snow, sleet, etc). Any damage from fingernails, zippers, sharp objects, etc. was an inherent issue unless you are so careful with one's bag....and if the leather is the type that is more fragile to this type of damage.

Honestly...I would love to know if anyone has the knowledge of such a protectant that can actually protect from damage (other than the elements)...love to know about it so I can buy it!

Other than that, it is just being cognizant to potential damage.

With that being said, you bag is gorgeous despite the scratches on the back.

What a shame that they did not come out.

I have to add that I never thought that a leather protectant would protect the bag for anything other than the 'elements', (i.e. rain, snow, sleet, etc). Any damage from fingernails, zippers, sharp objects, etc. was an inherent issue unless you are so careful with one's bag....and if the leather is the type that is more fragile to this type of damage.

Honestly...I would love to know if anyone has the knowledge of such a protectant that can actually protect from damage (other than the elements)...love to know about it so I can buy it!

Other than that, it is just being cognizant to potential damage.

With that being said, you bag is gorgeous despite the scratches on the back.

The protectant sprays only protect against liquids/oils to a degree.

Looking at those scratches I don't think they'll come out - but some type of leather safe oil may help - I usually try the finger rub for a while, but I have a Givenchy bag with leather close to this and scratches that look the same - they won't come out :sad:

The protectant sprays only protect against liquids/oils to a degree.

Looking at those scratches I don't think they'll come out - but some type of leather safe oil may help - I usually try the finger rub for a while, but I have a Givenchy bag with leather close to this and scratches that look the same - they won't come out :sad:

Interesting to note. Thanks.

I just asked my personal shopper about this bag , is there any possible way to avoid it ?
I wanted a black celine with is not really high maintenance so I could use it as an everyday bag..
how did yours get scratched :/