travelling with your precious goods

sniderms

O.G.
Dec 30, 2009
tried to find a forum in regards to this...could have sworn I saw one, anywho...

I'm travelling shortly to florida for a mini getaway and wanted to get some imput.

I traditionally never wear or bring my tiffany wedding ring/bands etc or my rolex when I'm travelling to an tropical destination, but this time for florida im think too.

Bad idea? this seems like a crazy question.

Please advise. :cool:

Depends what you're going to be doing probably. I don't see why you should have an issue, though. If you'll be on the beach and in the water/pool the whole time and leaving it in the room, maybe not worth it (don't wear on the beach or in the pool!) unless you can lock them up while that's going on and wear them when you go out for nice meals at night/shopping. I would probably wear and bring mine with me. They're safer with me than left behind unless you're leaving them in the safe deposit box in the bank.

Maybe depends which area in Florida too?

I was in Orlando last week and wore my usual. I even wire my Rolex into the pool while playing with the kids. It seems fine. Ame, have bad things happened to you Rolex after wearing it to the pool?

I dont carry much of anything. Just a couple of things that I know I can wear two days in a row, or between 4-5 pieces I can change it up.

Wrapping it within the clothing is a good idea and the room safe is great too.

I would never leave anything valuable in the room safe, either I wear it all the time or if it is a beach vacation I would probably leave my diamond ring at home, with alarm on or in a bank safe

I'm not a big fan of traveling with any expensive jewelry I can't wear the entire time. I just don't want to be concerned with it....but if you have insurance, and you prefer to have it with you, wear it!

I currently have the same dilemma. I started a thread on it. We will be in Norway and Spain for a few weeks this summer. I debated wearing my ering. I have 2 small children and most if not all of my time in Spain will be on the beach and pool. I really don't want my ering covered in sand and slothered in sun tan lotion. The apartment lock box isn't really an option either (I don't trust it)

I will be leaving my ering locked up in the bank safe box for this trip. I don't want to have to worry about a piece of jewelry while playing w my kids. My finger will feel "naked" for close to a month but for me, it's the right decision. I've worn my rings on all my other vacations but just doesn't feel right to have it on this one.
Good luck and have fun in Florida!

I always wear all the jewelry I bring to trips, but what jewelry I bring depends on the destination.

Our last trip was in Rio, in Brazil. Despite the increase in police presence and decrease in petty and violent crimes, my Husband and I did not want to attract attention so we just had our wedding rings with us and I left my e-ring at the safe in our home. Plus we had a pair of serviceable waterproof watch. We spent half our time at the beach but we still wore our rings, we never go out without them and we are not comfortable leaving it in the hotel safe.

There are countries though, wherein I'm comfortable wearing my jewelry and carrying luxury bags. Singapore is one of them.