Travel beauty regimen

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So when you're itinerant, do you consolidate your beauty regimen or holistically keep to your routine? Just curious about travel beauty routines.

2. I remain faithful to my skincare routine! I either buy minis if I'm using a smaller bag, like just a carry on or fill up empty travel containers.

ccbaggirl89 likes this.
  3. i buy minis of my regular products or fill travel bottles with my regular stuff. i do wear less makeup on vacay/travel and leave most makeup products behind altogether. sometimes i will buy products where i am, but only if i already know the brands are represented overseas and readily available. i have super clear skin and freak out without my own stuff on hand, so i rarely deviate when away from home. and when i do.. i get very freaked out :annoyed:

ame likes this.
  4. I try & get samples of the products that I am using & when traveling will either have a travel size
    or transfer what I need to take with me

5. I keep it pretty simple, both home & away.

Travels: take my own bar of soap & bath sponge.
    They add pack weight. And require storing in plastic baggies, haul to next destination--
    but are little luxury enjoyed immensely. Especially in locales without washcloths. And hotels with wee 1-use-size soaps. Or things scented as overly sweet fruit.:yucky:

Also bring own face lotion & exfolliant.
    I ask department store make-up counters for empty plastic sample jars/bottles. Then fill those from my home containers.

Shampoo, sunscreen, etc. I buy when arrive. And as trip progresses. Or use hotel provisions. And just deal with smelling as overly sweet fruit.:yucky:
    I do not wear cosmetics. But neeeeeeeed my lip balm & breath strips. And tweezers.

Every liquid/gel toiletry item is discarded, before return home. Except if need toothbrush/paste on plane, for long haul.
    In case bacteria was introduced. And to speed up airport security checks.
    I even toss the soap & sponge--though say, "goodbye & thanks" to them.:wave: Tragic.

6. I find it really difficult to be faithful to my routine because I have so many liquids to bring along and I refuse to check my luggage (I've had it go missing too many times). Usually the routine goes out the window.

7. #7 Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Routine gets more simplified so instead of 4 steps, it's down to 2 - wash & moisturize. Contents are transferred into travel sized bottles. Make up is the same as home: eyeliner, mascara, lipstick and powder. Everything in a small pouch that's tossed into my travel tote.

I actually find my skin to be much softer when aboard than at home due to the humidity. My city is dry dry dry.

8. Remains the same really. Usually I am in a rush to pack so I just take my full sized bottles with me. (cleanser, toner, essence, serum, moisturiser and SPF). The only things I don't take are my homemade vitamin C serum and my chemical exfoliant and my clay/cream masks. I only take a few hydrating sheet masks to use whilst on the plane to keep my skin hydrated. Oh and on top of that I have to take my men's items (shaver, shaving balm, etc.).

Writing this out and being only a small portion of my luggage, I certainly don't travel light!

9. I have a super basic beauty regime so I don't need to change it for travel,

I wash my face with a bar of black soap, then apply face cream...

My makeup is pretty basic too!

10. I buy mini's or get samples so I can continue. A few days ago I bought the mini travel sized kit from Liz Earle so that I can continue my routine while in NYC next month!

11. After this post, I went out and picked up the new hourglass stick foundation because I realized that I shouldn't have to compromise on skincare items in my 3-1-1 bag.

12. That s a really good thread. Of course it depends where I go. It's good to have a hydrating mask for any long haul flights and if I go somewhere hot obviously need different things for my skin. Or if I go skiing again I will change my routine . But I do try to pack light with samples or decanding things.

13. Largely the same. Make-up remover, cleanser, serum, moisturizers, cotton pads and Q tips.

14. I simplify it, but keep all the necessary steps: cleanse, tone, treat, moisturize. I usually put my skincare items in smaller bottles/jars or bring samples with me. I also have multiple use products so I don't have to bring everything. It's such a hassle packing plastic baggies for flights so I've resorted to buying solid sticks, cushion compacts, and pre-soaked toner pads. It saves space and these things don't leak.

15. Fo you have dedicated travel beauty bags?