Tracking info question

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
Hi girls:smile: I'm anxiously awaiting my black Marc Jacobs blake from a very reputable seller on ebay. She says she shipped it on Wed via priority mail from AZ to Miami and I have a tracking #. This is what it now gives me..

Arrival at Unit, August 08, 2009, 4:38 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85050
Processed through Sort Facility, August 07, 2009, 9:26 pm, PHOENIX, AZ Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 04, 2009

Thing is, it's being delivered to Miami, so Arrival at unit should be in Miami, FL, not AZ, right? Can arrival at unit just be another middle ground post office? Priority mail always takes me around 2-3 days to receive and it been 3 and it's still in AZ..I'm confused:sad:

According to your tracking, the Post Office didn't process it (receive it) in AZ until Aug. 7th, and then it went to another "Unit" (another central Post Office) on the 8th. Don't expect it until next week, probably around Tuesday or Wednesday. ;)

That's wierd, arrival at unit sounds like it's being delivered to someone in Phoenix, AZ. That's my post office and when I track packages, that's the last thing it says (85050) before it's delivered to me.

PO is running very slow. Don't worry about it. She could have dropped it off late on Wednesday and it is just slow getting through the sort facility. 5 -8 days for Priority and 12-21 for parcel post across country is more reasonable expectation. The PO is tanking big time.

Wow-that's good to know..I sent 3 packages out priority this week and they all arrived in 2 days. I guess I'm just unlucky with this one. And I'm SO anxious for it to arrive!!

So now the seller is telling me she "might" not have put enough postage on the priority mail package. Has anyone ever had experience with this? It still says arrival at unit, but I called that PO and it's not there anymore. It was either delivered to me with postage due where I'm going to have to pay when I receive it. Or it's sent back to her, but nether has happened yet..I need it by this Friday and I'm really upset:crybaby:

Arrival at unit usually means it's at your local post office. It should be delivered in about a day or so

If there isn't enough postage you should get that little pink slip in your mailbox to come pick it up at the post office, where you can pay the difference and pick up your package

Hoped that helped, hope you bring her home soon! :tup:

Well it's been a week and still no package. It's still stuck in Arrival at Unit in AZ but I called over there and it's not there. I have a very bad feeling about the whole thing. I have a sick feeling it'll get lost in the system now. I told her I'm giving it another week (2 weeks total) and then I'm going to need a refund. I asked her nicely, and she seems really cooperative and nice, so we'll see what she says. If she says no, I have to file and INR with ebay. Luckily she insured it with Auctiva, but they need a note from the buyer and if they find out she didn't put proper postage, they won't give her the insurance money, so I have leverage.

Try this... USPS Track & Confirm CUST SERVICE 1-800-222-1811

Explain that your package seems lost in space and tracking is not updating. Usually, they will start an investigation and FIND IT, and often times this causes tracking to update.....

I once had a package that I shipped Express Mail INTL from Texas to UK.
2 days after mailing, the tracking showed delivered in Colorado. I called the above CS #, they located the package, and within a day or two tracking showed back on track to the UK. Give it a go.... if they will not start an inquiry for YOU as the recipient, ask the seller to request an investigation.

Thanks so much..I did call USPS Track & Confirm CUST SERVICE and they said they can't track priority mail even though it has delivery confirmation. They told me there is nothing they can do at all..SO unhelpful. But maybe I should try calling again..

And also, I don't have weeks and weeks for an investigation. I paid alot of money for this handbag. The seller made a mistake and she's going to have to deal with it once she refunds me.

I'd go to your local post office and see if they can help you there. Usually you get better service in person. I've found that often the people answering the 800 line are very poorly trained.

So this story has a happy ending!! The package came back to her and she mailed it out yesterday via express mail but after 4pm, so I should receive it by tomorrow. I'm SOOOOOO happy!

Express Mail is 1-2 days depending on what time she shipped it and where you live - just an FYI. When she dropped it off, they should have written on the label the committment time.