• no

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Hi all
Debating on letting my toy loulou go. It has been sitting in my closet for over a year and I have never reached for it. However, my life has changed since the pandemic so that could be a part of it. Haven't really gone out that much in the past year. Anyway, I think it is a beautiful bag, however it is hard to fit my items in it. I think that is the reason I tend not to use it. When I needed a bag like this, I chose the alma bb which has more space. Does anyone else here struggle to fit your basics into this bag? I got a great quote, so I am considering letting it go. I don't want to regret it, as with all the price increases I will never purchase this again. Please let me know your thoughts....

Personally I would let it go.
I have seen the small loulou in store and the divider in the center made it difficult for me to put items in when I tried.
So for the toy loulou I can only imagine how small it is.

But it’s really up to you. Generally speaking I wouldn’t let go of a bag unless I’m 100% sure, and have mentally made peace with it being gone. The fact that you’re still unsure may mean you need a little more time to think.

A couple of things to think about:
-Does this bag still bring you joy when you bring it out? Does it make your heart sing? If so, maybe wait and think a little longer.
-Take one day to force yourself to use it, and when you’re out and about, see how you feel about it. How it sits on you and how you take things in and out as you use it. At the end of the day, do you find it annoying or impractical? Or did you actually enjoy it?

Hope that helps! Good luck! :tup:

Personally I would let it go.
I have seen the small loulou in store and the divider in the center made it difficult for me to put items in when I tried.
So for the toy loulou I can only imagine how small it is.

But it’s really up to you. Generally speaking I wouldn’t let go of a bag unless I’m 100% sure, and have mentally made peace with it being gone. The fact that you’re still unsure may mean you need a little more time to think.

A couple of things to think about:
-Does this bag still bring you joy when you bring it out? Does it make your heart sing? If so, maybe wait and think a little longer.
-Take one day to force yourself to use it, and when you’re out and about, see how you feel about it. How it sits on you and how you take things in and out as you use it. At the end of the day, do you find it annoying or impractical? Or did you actually enjoy it?

Hope that helps! Good luck! :tup:
Thank you so much for your response! Your response really helped me. I think you’re right—the way it is divided makes it hard to fit things that I need to bring with me. So it’s impractical for me and actually annoying! Although beautiful! I guess this bag is just not for me.

Reactions: lill_canele
It’s a hard decision because I love the way it looks! Just not functional. It’s a struggle to fit in sunglasses or distance glasses. So I end up not using it.

It’s a hard decision because I love the way it looks! Just not functional. It’s a struggle to fit in sunglasses or distance glasses. So I end up not using it.

This is the worst situation to be in, right?! I think that you will eventually find something else that makes your heart sing and can fit even the minimal items you need.

Reactions: jill39
Funny, when I bought mine it was a choice between it and the LV Alma BB - love both bags. But I couldn’t get both at the time and decided on the toy. And there have been times I could use more space. But fortunately I am able to fit my daily needs into the toy so it gets A LOT of use.

In your case - how did you enjoy it when you took it out recently? As an evening bag, will you get much use from it? Is there something else that you want that would fit your needs better? Or are you the type of person that just hates things languishing in the closet?

IMHO, the Loulou style in all its iterations is on its way to classic status and it’s certainly a classic quilted flap model. So if you don’t need the funds and would get some use from it as an evening bag, it might be worth it to keep.

Prices for all luxury bags are just getting ludicrous! I briefly considered selling mine to fund a YSL wallet-on-chain which would fit into my current rotation well, but now even wocs are near the $2K mark:shocked:

I just sold mine on Sunday for the same reasons (small, the divider made it really impractical, too short over a coat).
I recouped what I paid for it, due to price increases ... So I'm very happy ....

I like the small but it's a bit big on me and hate the divider ... So I'll focus on my Nikki and won't purchase another Loulou

So I’ve tried it out a few times and I’ve decided that for me this is really an evening bag. So just have to decide if I will let it go or keep for now based on that. Thank you all for your help!
I’m kinda on the fence now. I knew there were price increases but when I looked at the current price— I was shocked. It’s become very expensive for what it is in my opinion. I couldn’t afford to repurchase at the current price. So since I’m not 100% sure, I’m going to wait.

Yes, if you are still undecided, keep it for now. The retail price is only going to go up anyway! :lol: :P

I think as a cute evening bag it would work pretty well since it is black.
I can see it as used going out to dinner with friends or a date, or the movies (if we still do that anymore lol). Probably to an outdoor cocktail wedding (not black or white tie event)
For a very formal event, it's a little too cute/casual IMO, but beyond that, I think it would work as a staple evening bag. Especially if you don't have any evening bags.

Reactions: foxgal and jill39
Yes, if you are still undecided, keep it for now. The retail price is only going to go up anyway! :lol: :P

I think as a cute evening bag it would work pretty well since it is black.
I can see it as used going out to dinner with friends or a date, or the movies (if we still do that anymore lol). Probably to an outdoor cocktail wedding (not black or white tie event)
For a very formal event, it's a little too cute/casual IMO, but beyond that, I think it would work as a staple evening bag. Especially if you don't have any evening bags.
I agree! I think it’s ok for a casual wedding event etc. but not dressy enough for a formal event. I’ll give it some time and then decide. It’s also the black hardware so good for when you need something that’s not too loud. I’m just shocked at these luxury prices. Don’t think I’ll be purchasing much more in the future in general with these prices.

Funny, when I bought mine it was a choice between it and the LV Alma BB - love both bags. But I couldn’t get both at the time and decided on the toy. And there have been times I could use more space. But fortunately I am able to fit my daily needs into the toy so it gets A LOT of use.

In your case - how did you enjoy it when you took it out recently? As an evening bag, will you get much use from it? Is there something else that you want that would fit your needs better? Or are you the type of person that just hates things languishing in the closet?

IMHO, the Loulou style in all its iterations is on its way to classic status and it’s certainly a classic quilted flap model. So if you don’t need the funds and would get some use from it as an evening bag, it might be worth it to keep.

Prices for all luxury bags are just getting ludicrous! I briefly considered selling mine to fund a YSL wallet-on-chain which would fit into my current rotation well, but now even wocs are near the $2K mark:shocked:

So for me I just don't like things sitting in my closet. Not only are they not being used, but not having the funds for something else that I might enjoy more bothers me as well. I end using the Alma bb more for a few reasons--I like having the option of hand held vs crossbody and it gives me more space. So it isn't a struggle to get my items in or out. I guess the biggest problem for me is sunglasses--I just need to have them with me. The toy loulou is so pretty--so that where the struggle lies for me. I wish it was just a little bit bigger. I am giving myself some time though to think it over--and this thread really helped me! I don't want to regret selling--I have regretted a few sales in the past so that is why I struggle with each one now.