Toxic Lead in Tory Burch Purses, her purses are in top 5 with highest levels.

The article is no longer there. Did abc take it down?

I can view it fine but it's a couple hours later .. maybe just a website bug?

On another note, I'd be very interested in hearing updates about this! Although I usually shrug and take my chances at most things (since just about everything is carcinogenic now...), I feel like this is a huge issue! Excuse my ignorance, but where on earth would lead come from in leather bags? The metal hardware?! :confused1:

Per article
"or the most part, genuine leather bags are not the problem. It is the bags made with PVC, polyvinyl chloride, which may contain lead. Manufacturers find PVC useful when making a synthetic handbag, as it gives the bag pliability and can help brighten colors as it is used in pigment"

The hard plastic bags, vinyl bags, and the hard wallets seem to be the most toxic.

Totally figures. That's what Tory gets for producing her stuff in China. I read an article about her ex-husband who helped her start her biz, and when the realization came that he could have things produced cheaply in China, a bell started ringing. Of course...profit! I'm so glad I didn't buy any Tory bags. The fact it was made in China really made me hesitate. Now I feel better about spending 500 euros on my Fendi woc instead.

It's nothing I would be concerned about - it's not like I'm chewing on my handbags...
If someone had an infant/toddler (who chewed on things), I guess it would be something to be aware of.

Per article
"or the most part, genuine leather bags are not the problem. It is the bags made with PVC, polyvinyl chloride, which may contain lead. Manufacturers find PVC useful when making a synthetic handbag, as it gives the bag pliability and can help brighten colors as it is used in pigment"

The hard plastic bags, vinyl bags, and the hard wallets seem to be the most toxic.

Thanks for this! Clears up some confusion on my part :P More reason to go with leather I guess..

Totally figures. That's what Tory gets for producing her stuff in China. I read an article about her ex-husband who helped her start her biz, and when the realization came that he could have things produced cheaply in China, a bell started ringing. Of course...profit! I'm so glad I didn't buy any Tory bags. The fact it was made in China really made me hesitate. Now I feel better about spending 500 euros on my Fendi woc instead.

I think it's the materials being used that is the reason for the problem, not the fact that they're made in China or elsewhere.