Tory Burch Reva Flats, Break in period question?

I've had my patent Revas since July and I FINALLY completely broke them in last week... I read negative reviews about the patent leather Revas but decided to buy them anyway, :weird: and they hurt after only 30 minutes of wear... I'm not sure if it's just the patent leather Revas, but I tried to wear them to work a few times but always ended up taking my shoes off under my desk because they hurt so much! I stuffed them with socks when I didn't wear them, and I finally realized that I broke them in the other day after walking to my car from my office building without any pain.

The black patent Revas are hard to break in but I accidentally found a way that helped me break mine in. I was coming home from vacation and while packing I thought I would stuff something in my patent Revas to prevent to toes from getting squished. I used my sunglasses case. As I pushed it in the shape of the sunglasses case started to push on the shoes right above my big toe where it was hurting me but no where else on the shoe. I couldn't believe it. I used the sunglasses case in both shoes for 2 days each and now they are perfect :woohoo:

I love the patent leather. Interesting to read these stories. I actually got mine a half size smaller since it was the only pair left online and I took them to be stretched. I haven't had a problem. The funny thing is that I have other Revas, leather, canvas, etc. that are true to size and half size larger that have given me more discomfort.

I have to wrap my toes and the back of my feet in bandaids or medical cloth tape for a while to break ALL Shoes in, but the TBs took an excessively long time. If I go without wearing them a while I end up having to do the tape/bandaids for a few days again.

i have 2 pairs. my 8.5 are a bit snug and REALLY hurt to break in. they still hurt sometimes.

my 9s were like 1 day to break in.

revas aren't the most comfortable flats in the world but i love them anyway!

My TB Revas didn't stretch with wear (after six months of random trying), and hurt like **** when wearing, but my DH put a shoe stretching thingie inside (he could't stand to hear the drama anymore lol) and now they are perfect. So much so that I now want to get another pair ;)

My Revas killed my feet too! Especially my toes. My toes feels so sore after wearing them. :shucks:

Anyway, I just bought a shoe expander. Hopefully the break in will be successful! Revas are too pretty to be lying in the shoe closet!

I have really wide feet (about 4' width). it took me a couple weeks to break them in, the more and more I wear them, they get better....I did size up 1/2 a size, which is a huge mistake for me. My reva's stretched out so much that they're too big on me now. My heels sometimes flop out of them. They look huge on my feet now! I also notice that the elastic irritates and sometimes inflames my skin! I bought a new pair of reva's TTS and they are a lot better!

Just put a shoe stretcher or something to make the shoe wider in your flats, and put them in the fridge for a day.. I've done this with a pair of flats once. Also, real patent leather is very hard to break in.

Have you tried the TB Eddie flats? I couldn't tolerate the Reva style due to pain in the toe box area. I purchased the Eddie glitter flats and it's like waking on air! These are the most comfortable flats I own.

The SA also added a heel cushion when I bought them at Nordstrom's (white sticky thing) and no more heel slipping out either.