Travel Toronto? 2 days to enjoy

buffalogal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2006
Hello again!
I will end up with a Friday and Saturday free in Toronto this next weekend (work trip). Will be staying in downtown area. Anyone have any “must eat” or “must see” recommendations? I am intrigued by the Bata Shoe Museum ... St Lawrence Market ... I like all kinds of food and budget is not an issue. Shopping and main touristy sights (actually worth seeing) are also good!

The typical tourist thing is the CN Tower as a “must see”.

If you’re shopping, there’s the Eaton’s Centre downtown: it has a Saks and a Nordstrom as anchors, but if you have those at home, that’s no big thing. (Although our dollar totally sucks right now, so you might do well.). Bloor Street/Yorkville area is also a shopping Mecca, especially if you were planning to do the Bata Shoe Museum anyways. Bloor/Yorkville has Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Gucci, etc. It’s our mini version of Rodeo/5th/Mink Mile. The Museum has the Manolo Blahnik display going on right now, through January.

We have the Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario; the Four Seasons Opera Centre, and a number of theatres. I would check TOTix to see what is playing, or if you’re interested in catching a show.

I’d suggest the Harbourfront, but it’s been chilly of late, and that might not be a pleasant experience depending on the weather and what you packed.

“Must eat” - there are tons of terrific restaurants everywhere in the city, so it really depends on what you’re looking for?

Toronto is an enormous city with tons of things to see and do, so it really does depend on how much time you have and what you’d like to get in!

Reactions: buffalogal
Go to the Distillery District. Good food, cute shops. I recommend El Catrin if you like Mexican food or Cluny Bistro if you like French cuisine. Skip the CN Tower it’s definitely not a must do. You can see it from the ground easily to take pics of it.

Bata Shoe Museum has a Manolo Blahnik exhibit. If you are able to drive out of the downtown core the Aga Khan museum is gorgeous and has a great jewel exhibition on right now. The restaurant here is amazing as well.

Look up these places and see which calls to you - the Distillery is really pretty.

Reactions: buffalogal