Torn...need help deciding

coachismyfave

but LV stole my <3
O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
So, I have been stalking the chocolate MAB and mocha MAM on endless.com all weekend and I can't decide which one I want. This will be my first mab/mam. I want something in a dark brown which from the pics the mocha seems to be. Do you think the size of the MAM makes as much of a statement as the MAB? I am 5'6 and about 130 lbs. :thinking: Which do you all prefer (color and size). Thanks in advance.

I'm much smaller, 5'1" & 100lbs, so the MAB is way too big for me. The MAM is my preferred size, but lots of women on TPF love the MAB for the roominess. There are lots of comparison threads so do a search to see the difference.

I only have the MAM but it's not small. Just a bit smaller than the MA. If the MAM is the color you want, I don't think you'll have an issue with the size of the bag.

With your height, I think you could go with either...it's more about personal preference as far a size of the bag goes. I started off with MAM's, but once I gave the MAB a try there was no looking back for me! I am the same height as you as well!

I'm 5'1", 110-ish lbs. and much prefer the way the MAB looks on me; less log-like or something than the MAM. I don't think you can go wrong with either size - it's all personal preference rather than proportion, but Mocha is prettier.

So Mocha MAM by a slight hair.

I think it depends on what you are going to carry around with you -- why don't you put everything out on the table that you're going to carry on a regular basis and see if it will all fit? I like the feeling of a bag having extra room, not being totally stuffed to the brim, so I always say go with the bigger one. It will slouch a little if it isn't completely filled.

I was torn too before I bought my MAM..until I saw it in person..and next to the MAB. Now don't get me wrong-I love a bigger bag--but the MAB was just huge!! I love the size of my MAM...it's perfect. It's a personal thing though!

Agree very personal decision. My entry into RM was a MAB and she's still my favorite. That said my MAM fits everything I need and is also great. What does it for me with my MAB is that the extra space allows for more slouch and it is comfier than my MAM on my shoulder. That said if I am in a true handheld satchel mood it is MAM all the way.

Thanks for all your input. I actually went in a different direction and wound up buying the light grey MAM. :amuse: It's a color I don't have in my collection and I think I am going to like the size better for everyday. I'm excited and can't wait for it to come. Should have it Friday! :woohoo:

^^ in the end, it's whatever makes YOU happy!! but i think u made the right call! i'm 5'1" and think the MAM is perfect for everyday use (i have 3). the MAB is also gorgeous, but more of a travel bag for me - i used to own one but sold it cause i didn't use it enough bc of the size. :biggrin: congrats on your first MAM!

^^ in the end, it's whatever makes YOU happy!! but i think u made the right call! i'm 5'1" and think the MAM is perfect for everyday use (i have 3). the MAB is also gorgeous, but more of a travel bag for me - i used to own one but sold it cause i didn't use it enough bc of the size. :biggrin: congrats on your first MAM!

I agree with Ceedoan......whatever makes you happy!,
I'm 5'7" and prefer the MAM. Adore the size and style.
I tried my first MAB last year....and bought one in a leather that I knew would be super slouchy and not stiff. I couldn't make it work for me. I always felt like I was carrying luggage.....and this is coming from someone that loves a BIG bag. It looks so great on everyone else that posts here though. Hmmm......maybe I should try again!