Torn between Cyclamen and Praline city!!

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
After getting my very first Bal city in mangue last week, I am officially hooked!! :P

I'd love to get another city and don't mind a preloved one in great condition. As i was browsing through different websites, I came across two - one in Praline (RGGH) and the other in Cyclamen (GSH), both from 2011.

Both look fabulous in pics!! In my current collection the only neutral light colours are off white and light grey. It would be nice to add a beige bag and Praline seems to fit the bill. Having said, in some threads the colour appeared more ivory than beige...can anyone advise if the actual colour is similar to what the pic here shows? And of course, loving the rose gold hardware which truly stands out beautifully!

On the other hand, I'm also quite drawn to the Cyclamen city - the pink pops and I can imagine how nicely this will go with black, white, yellow/orange and purple outfits! I don't have any pink bag in my collection and this could be a nice addition. However I don't know if this may look too flamboyant 5 years down the road when I'm older, or whether I may grow tired of the colour?

Will I be better off going for Praline? or shall I get Cyclamen?

Would love to hear from all of you!

Attachments

• Praline city.jpg
    Praline city.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 581
  • Cyclamen city.jpg
    Cyclamen city.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 592
I would choose cyclamen but thats probably because I recently got a cyc work RGGHW & the colour is TDF....... Praline would be too light for me & I would be concerned about colour transfer.

I'm not usually a big fan of rose gold however it looks great with the praline. This is a tough choice. I think the praline is more functional and is a classic colour, however I would worry about it getting dirty and colour transfer. Cyclamen with the SGH is beautiful, fun and great pop of colour however it is not practical nor is it a classic colour that you will wear into middle age for example. With that said, it really depends on what kind of look you are going for. I'm sorry if I am no help =(.

Thanks all for the feedback and suggestions! How do light coloured bags (especially white/beige/ivory) hold up in the long run? Is discolouration a common problem? I am less worried about colour transfer as I do take very good care of bags in general, but fading/discolouration may be hard to prevent...

I have a Papyrus City which is darker than Praline and it has suffered a little colour transfer, my own fault for using it with brand new dark denim jeans! Otherwise it's held up pretty well but it's not yet a year old. The handles always darken on pale bags, unless you have super clean hands all the time. I do wash t hands quite often and I don't wear foundation - believe it or not, this can be a factor as my friend who has a Sahara City from 2009 almost ruined the handles with foundation stains from not washing her hands after applying make-up! I would say you can expect Praline to darken with average use and take very great care with dark denim! I'm not too fussy about my bags looking pristine but if you are then Praline might not be such a good choice.

Huge Decision as they are both great colors- having owned both I would have to say cyclamen as it is just the perfect color to dress up or punk down!