Top handle ? and Camelia Flower SLG still available?

storey

Feb 20, 2019
Hi all,

About a month ago I learned that I will be buying my first Chanel bag in the London (hopefully at the Bond Street boutique).

I have always preferred bags with a shoulder strap and a top handle. However, I don't *think* I like the look of the Chanel top handle as much as I like just the classic flap.

I was wondering if anyone who purchased a bag without a top handle missed it terribly? And, if this is the only Chanel bag I get to purchase, should I stick with the straight classic flap and pass up the top handle based on looks alone?

To be honest, I've never stepped into a Chanel boutique and I'm a little worried about either being overwhelmed with the number of choices.

Also, I really love the look of the Camellia Flower SLGs. Anyone know if they can still be purchased at the boutiques? I'm hoping to buy one with my bag but I'm not sure if they were from previous years.

And, yikes! One more question. Somewhere I read about a checklist to take with you to the boutique. Things to look for before making the purchase. I am assuming that there are things my untrained eye would miss if I don't have this list - but - I can't seem to find the list anywhere. I've searched all the terms I know to search and i can't find it in the forum. I'd really appreciate any insights you all could offer.

Thanks so much! I am SO excited!

Storey

I love Top Handle / Shoulder Bags too!!
All these years, I did own the Classic Jumbo, COCO Flap and 2 other seasonal styles , cant remember the names..
Well, I sold all of them eventually.
Coz I don't feel that these bags meet my everyday workhorse requirement.
Not until, I found the .... Business Affinity Flap ( Medium ) !!
I wanted Large, but too bad, my local stores did not order any.
There are 2 styles that are available at the stores
1- coco handle
2- business affinity (BA) flap
These 2 styles both have the "Chanel Flap" look with CC turnlock and Chain.
Both in Caviar. But the BA is more structured and works better with wear and tear.
GO check it out to see if you like it.
There's alot of Thread in forum with regards to these 2 bags. Otherwise, go YouTube!

Hope my advise helps....

I've owned(and terribly regret selling) a classic medium flap. I didn't miss the top handle. Doubling up on the chain worked just as well in the crook of my arm as a handle would.

Don't think there is the Camillia flower slg .There was one in red but heard none of the stores here in UK have ordered it .So I have asked someone to get it for me from France .

Have two flaps, and though I am considering a Coco Handle up the road for something different (not a major fan of the Business Affinity after trying it on) I don't feel a top handle is super important for me. I really feel that the flaps are the perfect design and don't need any addition. If you tend to love top handles, perhaps that's a better option for you.

Can't help with the Camellia SLG, sorry, I have no idea!

I appreciate your thoughtful replies.

I think I may be over-thinking this a little bit. I am so afraid of making the wrong choice.... but... I think the bottom line is that I can’t really go wrong with any Chanel bag I purchase!

Hopefully when I try the bags on I will just fall in love with the one that is right for me!

Thanks so much!

Storey