Too young to own a CHANEL?

hey :smile: i'm new to this forum and i already luuuuv it cause i'm purseobsessed!!!!

i wondered ... if you guys think 13 is young to have a chanel bag? i'm 14 now and turning 15 in february. i got my chanel when i was 13 and my friends and other people say its too young or think its FAKE! maybe jealousy? i dont know. and it's not fake btw (:

I will be the first to admit I would be envious of a 14 year old who has a chanel bag

That being said, I am not a jealous person but there are people who are jealous and will say things.

Do you wear your bag to school? Do most girls have high end designer bags?

Nahhh...I personally don't think it's too young, especially if you are a good student, along with being very respectful & helpful to your parents/guardians. If someone can afford this & still take care of you, I say why not. Just please stay focused on your responsiblities too & be grateful to your parents/guardians, since everyone is NOT so blessed to be in your position.

Also, please take care of your gorgeous bags & don't take them for granted :biggrin:

Have a wonderful holiday too!!

I don't think it is too young. I see many teens in the bay area with designer bags. Many times I assume they have borrowed the bag from Mom, but I also know for a fact that many teens own the bags too. If you feel comfortable wearing the bags to school, go for it. If not, then opt for a logo-less style; which can be designer of course! :smile:

I think having a Chanel at 13 is too young, but that's because I associate Chanel with slightly older and sophisticated women. Yes, you're a young woman, but not there yet in terms of targeted age group. Do you get what I'm saying?

I would think it'd be better to move along the ranks in designers and then get to the biggest and the best as you move up in age. Like, I'm 19 and as much I think Hermes is the bee's knees, if I ever had a Birkin placed in my hands I'd give it to my mother.

This topic has come up many times on the Forum. I know that you are new here OP, so welcome! Just for future reference, you can do a "search" before you start a new thread to see if you can find info that's already been posted in previous threads.
Anyway, I personally do feel that Chanel is not appropriate for young people. I think that it would be a wonderful idea as a graduation present, but not prior to that.

Reactions: Ionwannaa
This topic has come up many times on the Forum. I know that you are new here OP, so welcome! Just for future reference, you can do a "search" before you start a new thread to see if you can find info that's already been posted in previous threads.
Anyway, I personally do feel that Chanel is not appropriate for young people. I think that it would be a wonderful idea as a graduation present, but not prior to that.

Agreed. I bought my first Chanel when I was 18, and looking back, I feel that I could've waited at least five years. Don't get me wrong, I love the bag, but I just feel that it wasn't very age appropriate for me back then. If I ever have a daughter, I'll probably buy her one for either her HS or college graduation. I also feel that it's a security thing.. A medium calfskin 2.55 is pushing what, $3k now? I wouldn't feel safe having my daughter/15-year old version of me carrying a bag that pricey.. But I guess that also depends on where you live etc..