Too old for a Gucci Disco bag?

Diamondbirdie

Jun 17, 2015
A new cross body bag is on my list for Christmas. I've looked around at various designs but the Gucci looks lovely. I'm quite a casual dresser so I guess it would fit in well.

My main concern is that maybe it's a "young" style? I'm in my late 40s, would it look OK for me?

I then wondered about colours- I've seen pics of it in navy, which I'd love, but that colour doesn't appear on the website.

Any other suggestions for a different bag?

You're definitely not too old for a Disco!

In my opinion, it's a versatile bag which can be dressed up or down, and is a classic and simple (without being boring) style which suits all wardrobes and age groups.

Go for it! :tup:

Go for it dear. I'm also in my late 40s and I will buy bag that's I love. I don't care what others have to say. I own few crossbody bag like Longchamp cuir, LV Bloomsbury and my latest is LV Pochete Metis.

There's no age limit on bags. Surely not. If you love it then why not?
Should you be judged on your bag selection I suggest it says more about the person judging you than it does about you and your choices.

A new cross body bag is on my list for Christmas. I've looked around at various designs but the Gucci looks lovely. I'm quite a casual dresser so I guess it would fit in well.

My main concern is that maybe it's a "young" style? I'm in my late 40s, would it look OK for me?

I then wondered about colours- I've seen pics of it in navy, which I'd love, but that colour doesn't appear on the website.

I have a Gucci disco bag and I'm 74. Quit worrying about your age and buy what you love and will fit into your lifestyle. Go for it girl!

Not too old at all!

The versatility of the the Disco means anyone can make it their own

_Lee, didazfaz, Wudge, paper tiger, GhstDreamer, blushes_pink, Lejic and Livia1, thank you so much for offering your advice! I'm pretty new to the world of designer bags- one would not have fitted in to my life up to now and I don't want to make an expensive mistake! It sounds like this might be the bag for me. I hoped to see one in a sale around Black Friday but it was only discounted in a couple of colours that I didn't like. I'll keep an eye out, maybe Santa will be good to me!

KY bag lady- that made me smile! It's all about confidence, isn't it?

Gottabagit- did you get yours? Are you happy with it?

I think the disco bag is a great choice for all ages! I love the beige one! Are you looking to get the one on chain or the plain one ? I love the whole Gucci soho collection. Definitely one of my favs

I think the disco bag is a great choice for all ages! I love the beige one! Are you looking to get the one on chain or the plain one ? I love the whole Gucci soho collection. Definitely one of my favs

I think the plain one. I'm still trying to decide on a colour, I have no idea how often they add new ones?? I'd love a neutral but might just go for the classic black.....