too much makeup?

same here....not so hard when your mouth is covered or you're at home
I would think lipstick sales must be down
I agree completely. I can’t be bothered to put on lipstick to smear it with the mask.
I don’t care for the lip stains as I find them too drying....
My eye make up is getting more and more intricate though.

Reactions: noellesmommy
I agree completely. I can’t be bothered to put on lipstick to smear it with the mask.
I don’t care for the lip stains as I find them too drying....
My eye make up is getting more and more intricate though.
I do like the lip stains. I have about five of them. Don't wear them under a mask most of the time though.

Which brands are you using?
I tried Benetint and I ended up hating it.
I have ELF, milani lip creme, Flower miracle matte, wet n wild liquid catsuit and Tarte lip paint.
They are all pretty comparable IMO. At first, the Wet n Wild was my favorite due to the color but these days it seems a bit dark. The Tarte which is more expensive than the others isn't any better IMO.

Reactions: limom
My perfect summer makeup:
1. foundation / concealer on the undereye area only (if it's extremely hot)
2. eyebrow pencil
3. eye shadow / +some (very little) of eyeliner

no lipstick bc of mask :sad:
no mascara bc of extension :smile:
same - but I do wear mascara.
I don't usually wear powder but the foundation I bought recently is a dewy finish and it looks shiny in direct sunlight so I've been setting my makeup with loose powder.

Reactions: chDlkl94
same - but I do wear mascara.
I don't usually wear powder but the foundation I bought recently is a dewy finish and it looks shiny in direct sunlight so I've been setting my makeup with loose powder.
ah... powder... totally forgot to mention... I'm actually using one... but it's not like a powder-powder... it's called something like oil-cut... so I don't like that shiny effect on my face lol

Wow. Wow. Wow. Here's an additional way to use your dark eyeshadow colors, I use them as eyeliner, and skip the actual eyeliner. The dark taupes, browns, blues, blacks, burgundys work well as soft/ undefined eyeliner. Very sexy and subtle.

For the soft, peachy, pink eyeshadows, when possible, I use them as blush or bronzer.

You have to be creative. Otherwise when are you going to finish your palettes? 2030?:shocked::amazed::biggrin::smile:
I've been using two of my brown eyeshadows as brow powder lately. Basically the same stuff and it's been staying on for several hours. If I were to be planning a very long day I might top it off with clear brow gel but for a "normal" day, it stays on pretty well. I had seen an Internet "makeup artist" who recommended a MAC brown eyeshadow and turns out I have a NYX dupe for that one, plus another brown that's lighter. So I'm good on brow makeup for now.

Reactions: papertiger
I'm gonna resurrect this subject as I have too many of everything except for foundation. I was always decent with makeup, but eyeshadows are my problems, so for instance I thought if I'll buy super extra and expensive eyeshadow palette I'll miraculously learn overnight how to blend them together to have red carpet look. Guess what. Money spent, lesson learned. But jokes aside, I enjoy watching yt channels about makeup and I'm trying to learn, I like trying new products, to see how it works on my skin, I'm looking at 2-3 colors eyeshadow makeup and trying to recreate the look. The more I try the better it gets so that's enough to keep me happy lol. I like that when I look at my tarte eyeshadow palette I have my favorite color, I like that I started to blend 2 colors for easy look. I like the effort, I like the outcome. I never use a blush and my mom never left home without the blush lol. The same blush since I remember. So I bought a few of them and trying to challenge myself to learn how to use them. My make up was always just foundation, mascara, eyeliner. Now I can create some different looks, play with it. That makes me happy. So yes, this is the main reason why I buy more makeup than I probably should

I've always been very good with applying Chanel quad eyeshadow ever since I was in my early 20s. My cousins used to say that because I can paint a canvas, I can paint my own face. Hahaha. :biggrin:

But for simple looks I pare down to 3 colors. Two colors are too simple for me.

And once eyeshadow is done, you HAVE to add a little blush to bring color to the cheeks. Then lipstick becomes a necessity too, otherwise the whole look is incomplete.

This is great because I can do everything in under 5 minutes, and sometimes I'm on FaceTime or I gotta Zoom on the go. Or just take a quick pic because I see something cool. At least my look is complete.