Too much for every day bag?

Wifeofchop

Dec 1, 2012
I’m considering this matte silver 227. I can get it for a good price. Do you guys think matte silver can be worn as an everyday bag, or is metallic always for “going out”? I would like to wear it casually. On a Tuesday to the grocery store. Lol.

Attachments

• 71E8D570-5B15-404D-A7DE-04983C4ADF00.png
    71E8D570-5B15-404D-A7DE-04983C4ADF00.png
    599.2 KB · Views: 876
I’m considering this matte silver 227. I can get it for a good price. Do you guys think matte silver can be worn as an everyday bag, or is metallic always for “going out”? I would like to wear it casually. On a Tuesday to the grocery store. Lol.

I would be very, very careful with ANY Chanel metallic bag to be used on a daily basis. I have had from personal experience found most of their metallic bags to be very touchy!

Reactions: Wifeofchop
Sounds like most people are leaning towards no for an everyday bag. I wouldn’t want to buy and save for special occasions cause I feel I don’t get out much to be honest. I have two small kids and work 9-10 hours a day. But thank you all for the feedback!

Hi I think this one is lamb and not distressed calfskin, nor caviar. I find that for chanel metallic I strongly prefer distressed calf, caviar or goatskin (caviar being #1). Metallics on lamb are delicate and while gorgeous not practical nor easy for daily use if you care about wear and tear (fading/rubbing off of metallic coating etc)

Hi I think this one is lamb and not distressed calfskin, nor caviar. I find that for chanel metallic I strongly prefer distressed calf, caviar or goatskin (caviar being #1). Metallics on lamb are delicate and while gorgeous not practical nor easy for daily use if you care about wear and tear (fading/rubbing off of metallic coating etc)

Vanana, I think you are very observant :smile: the leather looks smooth n soft n kind of delicate. :smile:

To threadstarter, this one looks delicate. Very smooth? I have a metallic reissue calf and it is distressed and is not very delicate. See if you can find distressed leathers for reissues. Much more worry-free :smile:

It look so beautiful reissue! I agree with @Vanana here :yes: It look like metallic lamb from the pic and if so this combo will get corner wear quickly for everyday use. But If you really love it, you can wear it as a going out purse? and still can enjoy it even if not to grocery though....She is such a beauty...:girlsigh:

I love that everyone's being so specific about its wear & tear! I'm someone who LOVES silver/metallic bags (as a non-drab neutral, since I wear tons of black), so this is great food for thought! Only one metallic leather bag was difficult since it was treated leather which couldn't be cleaned, so I'd check the material for ease of cleaning. Otherwise, my others were fine with daily 'regular' wear..