Too much bling or cute

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
These Vera Wang boots are $199-about half price and I'm trying to decide if they are cute or too much bling? The bling appears to be removeable, but then they are really plain.

I can see from the style, the shaft may be kind of narrow and limited to skinnies or under pants.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• CUX1SVE_mx.jpg
    CUX1SVE_mx.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 425
I like them :nuts: I love the more fitted shaft as I'm not a huge fan of the loose/floppy shafts that seem to be hot right now. The boot itself has a clean look overall which is why they can pull off the extra chain detail. If the chains are removable I would totally put them on other boots I own too. Cool feature!

I like them :nuts: I love the more fitted shaft as I'm not a huge fan of the loose/floppy shafts that seem to be hot right now. The boot itself has a clean look overall which is why they can pull off the extra chain detail. If the chains are removable I would totally put them on other boots I own too. Cool feature!

Good point Mia, how would you wear these? The black sold out; I was looking at dark brown anyway, or the black can be waitlisted.

Good point Mia, how would you wear these? The black sold out; I was looking at dark brown anyway, or the black can be waitlisted.

Well with the black pair I'd pair them with skinnies and any kind of top OR leggings and a tunic with a leather jacket OR a mini skirt with a casually tucked tee...
If the shaft allowed I'd try to tuck my skinnies inside the boot and of course you can wear them over the boot.

I'm not good with brown (everything I have is either grey, black or white) but if you like them the same, you could wear them with the outfits above but with more neutral colors.

Here are tons of ideas. I'd wear any of these outfits :yes:

montagem_bikerboots.jpg

173.750.jpg

biker-boots-having-a-mo.jpg

biker-boots.jpg

biker1.jpg

As another tpF'er said, there is no love for brown. I'm curious why these would be cute in black but not in brown.

I feel like brown (in this style boot) would take away from the edgy, moto vibe. Also, I feel like brown is much harder to work with than black...then again I'm not an earth tone girl! I think a lot can depend on the tone of the brown whether it's camel, cognac or dark brown. What type of brown does this boot come in? Any pics?

I don't like the style of the boots at all. They look very bland even with the 'bling'. I would wait to get a pair with a little more personality. Just my personal take.. good luck!

This is the brown the boot is available in. It is for sale on Rue La La.

Attachments

• 1311166627_RLLD_1.jpg
    1311166627_RLLD_1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 272
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 5.13.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 5.13.51 PM.png
    341.7 KB · Views: 282