Toning down the orange on my highlights

ichelle

O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Hi all,
Was bored with my hair so I went for a trim and partial highlights today. However, they came out bordering on orange :Push: and I'm not sure what I can do to turn down the brass. Can you recommend any products? :confused1:
944549192_3be94f54f3_o.jpg

944549114_c47a787333_o.jpg

946568430_7a7a1f397b_o.jpg

I wouldnt do it myself at home Id be too scared im going to ruin my hair but you should put a toner in it. You should do is go back to the salon you did your hair or maybe you could try a different salon and they would put a toner to cover any orange or brassiness. That reminds me, I have to go do that because my highlights are kind of orange/greenish looking now form the sun and swimming.

Ithink The Highlights Look Really Good! With Your Dark Hair And Skintone I Really Like Em! But I Would Defintly Use A Go0d Deep Conditioner After....ones That I Like Are Catwalk Oatmeal And Honey, Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture, And Cashmere By Design!

oh you're so nice, thank you! however, i'm under fluorescent lighting all day at work and lemme tell ya, that does NOT help the orange out at all. ugh! i feel like carrot top. i can't wait to get this corrected. another lesson learned the hard way...wish me luck!

I use Artec Shampoo to keep my color red (as recommended by my stylist).
You can get it at any beauty supply store.

Highlights and the lighter colors will always turn brassy on me, so I try to avoid getting highlights on top and have my stylist put it under my natural hair, so later it blends in and also the roots don't show, so you can go longer in between if needed.

Anyhow, I think it looks good on you too!
Good Luck with the next appointment and post pics!