Toiletry Pouch on Chain - Saw in the Wild = Love!

southlake01

Feb 17, 2020
Hello!

My hubby and I went on a short 24 hour mini getaway this weekend. Sat at the hotel bar after dinner for only 30 min and saw 3-4 LV's pass us by. Then a couple sat down next to us at the bar and the woman had this beautiful LV Toiletry Pouch on Chain, along with another longer, mono strap attached. It was stunning! The bag looked so sleek and classy, the gold chain was glistening in the lights, and she had the beautiful longer strap attached. If you are here - I saw you and loved your bag!!

As an aside, I never thought I would be interested in the toiletry pouch on chain... I was in the camp "Still looks like a toiletry pouch!" But after seeing it in person, and then watching a few YT video reviews, I've learned it's not actually a toiletry pouch anymore, but a full bag that happens to come with a mini 15" toiletry pouch included. I wish they had changed the name to reflect the redesign of the new bag. Now I'm debating if I want this bag as my every day bag or if I'm still in the "it looks like a toiletry pouch" camp. Because now I'm having serious doubts!

Anyone here own this bag and can share pics? I've searched this forum but there isn't a ton of posts on owning one. TIA!

Hello!

My hubby and I went on a short 24 hour mini getaway this weekend. Sat at the hotel bar after dinner for only 30 min and saw 3-4 LV's pass us by. Then a couple sat down next to us at the bar and the woman had this beautiful LV Toiletry Pouch on Chain, along with another longer, mono strap attached. It was stunning! The bag looked so sleek and classy, the gold chain was glistening in the lights, and she had the beautiful longer strap attached. If you are here - I saw you and loved your bag!!

As an aside, I never thought I would be interested in the toiletry pouch on chain... I was in the camp "Still looks like a toiletry pouch!" But after seeing it in person, and then watching a few YT video reviews, I've learned it's not actually a toiletry pouch anymore, but a full bag that happens to come with a mini 15" toiletry pouch included. I wish they had changed the name to reflect the redesign of the new bag. Now I'm debating if I want this bag as my every day bag or if I'm still in the "it looks like a toiletry pouch" camp. Because now I'm having serious doubts!

Anyone here own this bag and can share pics? I've searched this forum but there isn't a ton of posts on owning one. TIA!
You have to try this one on at your local store. I have the TP26 since 2018 and have never seriously worn it. To me, it doesn't look like a bag. Doesn't matter the chain, the strap, anything I try with it.

I have used mine to store electronics when I travelled overseas, but still cannot see it as a bag.

I think perhaps it's because the woman you saw was beautiful, hence everything she puts on looks beautiful.

Vice versa, I saw a Chanel19, I coveted for a long time, on a not so attractive woman recently. At that moment, I just didn't like the bag anymore....Well, not as much as I used to.

• Haha
Reactions: Ms.Dixie and Jumper
I think perhaps it's because the woman you saw was beautiful, hence everything she puts on looks beautiful.

Vice versa, I saw a Chanel19, I coveted for a long time, on a not so attractive woman recently. At that moment, I just didn't like the bag anymore....Well, not as much as I used to.
@iamthecutest

This statement is a simple opinion expressed politely, in a general manner, and not targeted at any one individual in particular. Even if i found it’s substance distasteful, or felt it ‘needed’ to be called out, which I do NOT, I would certainly refrain from expressing one’s own opinion as a personal attack. To do otherwise would imply a lack of respect for the opinions of others. Manners are necessary on a public forum.

I would personally love to see a pic of the beautiful woman that inspired @southlake01, as I also have an issue with toiletry bags, especially signature branded ones, used as purses. Full disclosure, decades ago, I did use some cosmetic cases such as LV and Prada satin as clutches, but I think when you are young, it can look cute and not too serious (Like your mothers clutch). I do agree with @Grande Latte that the chanel 19 is difficult to style, and if someone cannot pull it off, for any reason, it’s not a good look.

Last edited:
Hello!

This one? I don’t have it but I love it. I think it’s a fabulous modern bag. I know people often convert the regular tp but this looks way better imo. As I recall at least one member here posted photos of their purchase of it.

4EF69A75-C986-4ACC-87C7-DFACA4CAB8F0.jpeg

This one? I don’t have it but I love it. I think it’s a fabulous modern bag. I know people often convert the regular tp but this looks way better imo. As I recall at least one member here posted photos of their purchase of it.

View attachment 5728465

Yes, this one! I could tell that this was the new bag and not a converted TP26. I'm not sure why bc I'm not familiar with the TP26 but I could somehow tell :biggrin: Maybe it was the straps? It looked amazing!

Reactions: snibor