TOILE? What colors do we have there?

mariacarla

O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
Dear Ladies,

My friend who is not a Hermes fanatic at all, but who can flawlessly recognize the styles of the most prominent designs told me that she saw an Evelyne bag made in orange leather (I suppose togo) and toile, but in orange shade, not the regular beige color.

She snapped a picture and indeed, it looked the way she described it.
I have never seen toile in orange shade, but I like the idea.

Has anyone of you have any pictures of such bag, by chance? Is it a new style or just rare? I suppose with the new creative director releasing his first collection soon, we will see some new materials, but isn't is too early now?

ps. She saw the bag in Japan. Does that explain all? We know that Japan is a very peculiar market for Hermes.

Thank you very much in advance!

mariacarla, I think your friend is referring to canvas which comes in different colors. The canvas material is not the same as toile which is supposed to be fire hose fabric. Toile has an obvious weave.

mariacarla, I think your friend is referring to canvas which comes in different colors. The canvas material is not the same as toile which is supposed to be fire hose fabric. Toile has an obvious weave.

i have seen sample book swatches recently of toile with coloured threads interwoven with the creamy natural colour, but have not seen it in a bag yet