Tod's bag in burgundy suede -- anyone have this?

Passerine123

Sep 21, 2014
I'm considering getting this Tod's bag that's available online only. Have any of you ordered it? My questions are around the quality of the suede (I expect it to be good, but still ...), whether the bag color shown in the photos is true to life, and overall impressions. I love the color ... I have several pairs of Tod's shoes, but have never purchased one of their bags. Thanks! :flowers:

tods bag 2600 chf.png

I'm considering getting this Tod's bag that's available online only. Have any of you ordered it? My questions are around the quality of the suede (I expect it to be good, but still ...), whether the bag color shown in the photos is true to life, and overall impressions. I love the color ... I have several pairs of Tod's shoes, but have never purchased one of their bags. Thanks! :flowers:

View attachment 5960975

I've actually been looking at this bag in their off-white leather for spring/summer but this suede is gorgeous. I have 3 Tod's bags that are about 8 - 10 years old and they are all amazing quality and still look brand new.

If you get this, I'd love to see pics!

Attachments

• tods tbag1.png
    tods tbag1.png
    655 KB · Views: 14
  • tods tbag2.png
    tods tbag2.png
    545 KB · Views: 14
IF for some reason the suede bag is no longer available when I go to order it (in two or three weeks), I will probably get this one instead, which is available in stores. I do prefer to see bags in person before buying. The suede bag would be a rare exception.

I guess it depends where you are, but if it’s not too much a hassle to return it might be totally worth it to order online sight unseen. It is STUNNING!

I did see a review of this style on YouTube comparing it to the Toteme t-lock - that could provide some intel on the style!

In the Zurich store, I saw the bag in an off-white leather/suede mix. It was beautifully made and the suede quality was excellent. But in the end, I did not order the burgundy suede version. Luscious as it is, I already have plenty of bags in that size range. What I really needed was a backpack that I could use going to and from the office with my laptop, as I am a hybrid worker.

My husband has a great backpack from LV -- the Michael in Diamier Infini leather. However, I didn't want the same thing and anyway that model is sold out. Also, at 3100 francs (nearly $3500 USD), a similar backpack -- the Avenue -- seemed too expensive. My husband had bought his Michael in 2022 at the St. Germain (Paris) LV store for only 2100 euros.

Fortunately, there was a Ferragamo store across the street from Tod's and I found an excellent leather backpack there for 1835 francs ($2200 USD) -- if interested: https://www.ferragamo.com/en-us/shopping/embossed-backpack-20149640 .

But we did not leave Tod's empty handed! Reveal posted on a separate thread.