Today Show talks about classic bags...

tampagirl

Apr 17, 2007
Interesting. I like that in addition to mentioning the classic bags, she mentioned having a bag that makes a bold statement. She also wasn't into "it" bags.

that was really interesting. i have the vintage gucci doctor/speedy bag. so maybe it's a combo of the classic gucci and lv speedy? lol

i think i'm going to buy that book. it looks really interesting. thx for posting! so informative! :biggrin:

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it. It mirrors how I have been trying to build my collection...more classics than trendy. I love the older Gucci styles more than I have liked anything new they have put out the last few years. And I think the Chanel classic flaps have been my best investments as they have risen in market value due to never going on sale and constant price increases over the years. I also liked that she made the comment about style not being limited to size 8 and less.

I agree with her on staple pieces you should have...the only thing I think she missed is a nice suit jacket which can be dressed down with jeans or up with a skirt or slacks.

:shame:

sorry for bringing this thread up... but i just wanted to say YES - I read an article last night that said the same things about these bags... I have no idea what a Jackie O bag is... :shame: so thats why I'm here... here to learn a bit more GUCCI :graucho:

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it. It mirrors how I have been trying to build my collection...more classics than trendy. I love the older Gucci styles more than I have liked anything new they have put out the last few years. And I think the Chanel classic flaps have been my best investments as they have risen in market value due to never going on sale and constant price increases over the years. I also liked that she made the comment about style not being limited to size 8 and less.

I agree with her on staple pieces you should have...the only thing I think she missed is a nice suit jacket which can be dressed down with jeans or up with a skirt or slacks.

I personally love Tim Gunns list of must have items, which I do believe includes a basic black jacket.