Today at Hermès Paris

4900 euros is what the SA at George V told me (the price of 30cm birkin). I'm not sure if he gave me the price including tax or without tax... either way it's cheaper than NY. I've noticed that a lot of the prices at stores and restaurants in Paris are included with tax, just like in Japan.

It's 9:22am in Paris... I'm leaving in a little bit to go to the George V store again. Wish me luck!

^
THis is the price with tax! That means you can get the tax refunded on top of that! :tup: IN Europe the price is always tax included by law. It's considered fooling the customers if prices are ithout tax, especially because the sales tax is very high.

Prices in France are always after tax. BTW if you live in the US you should prob ask for tax refund... You get something like 13% back once you file the paperwork in at the airport (takes 5 minutes).
Good luck!!!! (btw if you see a Birkin 35 in any grey shade or a prune or raisin colour pls could you post it?)

4900 euros is what the SA at George V told me (the price of 30cm birkin). I'm not sure if he gave me the price including tax or without tax... either way it's cheaper than NY. I've noticed that a lot of the prices at stores and restaurants in Paris are included with tax, just like in Japan.

It's 9:22am in Paris... I'm leaving in a little bit to go to the George V store again. Wish me luck!

Good luck :sunshine::cloud9: Hope the H gods are smiling on you today.:sunshine:

Day 2 at Hermès Paris in search for my red birkin

11am: Went to the George V store and asked the nice SA from yesterday if they got a Rouge Garance GHW 30cm birkin today. He told us "No, there was a shipment this morning but no bags." Then my mom and I went shopping at Printemps and ate lunch to kill time. 3pm: Went to the Saint Honoré store and asked a SA about the rouge garance. He said there is only one birkin left today, the Burgundy GHW Box Calf 30cm. He told me there is no Rouge Garance except for the Lindy on display. It seems they have a lot of different colored Lindys, which I guess is the case in NY as well.

Walking away from the H store, I felt this weird feeling in my stomach. I started to regret not buying it in NY when my SA told me there is one rouge garance 30cm GHW a week before I flew to Paris. I didn't buy it at the time b/c I got the call at work and I thought I wanted the 35cm. But the price difference should be worth trying again in Paris (esp now that I know tax is included in 4900 euros!). I won't give up yet. I'm going to the Louvre with my mom tomorrow but she says we should find time to slip away to both H stores. She thinks we should keep trying as long as we are in Paris... and I agree. Hope day 3 goes better than day 2.

Thanks xiaoxiao. The weather in Paris is cloudy today, much better than yesterday (or the day before) when it was raining. We were able to walk around w/o knocking into people with our umbrellas. A little chilly in the afternoon but overall a good day to walk around and shop.

Shopping has been disappointing so far. Because of the euro, things are overall about the same price as the US, sometimes more expensive (even for other French brands such as YSL, Chanel, etc). The only thing so far that I found to be drastically different in pricing is the Birkin. Also, I was surprised to find out that they carry a very small selection of twillies in H Paris (altho they do have a large scarf collection). When I was there yesterday, they only had 7 kinds of twillies at Saint Honoré and 5 at George V!

Good luck arisoup. SA at FSA are all nice. I'm sending you a good vibe that you will get your dream bag in this trip... :P

This makes me want to curb my in-between large handbag expenditure shopping and save it all up to go to FSH. I fell in love with about five pairs of shoes, boots, and all the tan RTW the other day and would hate to have to buy it all in the small boutique where they don't have anything on the shelves except picotins and scarves. I like to look at the different things so I can make a choice.....how on earth would I do this if it weren't for tPF? Thank you tPF!!! :heart: