To those who own a Florentine satchel in Natural......

Jul 23, 2013
I'm wondering if I need to be paying attention to the handles changing color and getting darker? I have a LV Speedy that I bought new from the boutique in San Francisco, and over a 2 year period the handles ended up turning slightly darker than the rest of the vachetta leather. I wipe them down occasionally and do get dirt off them but I'm wondering if the Florentine handles will do that too? And if so, is there anything to be done to prevent it or slow it down? Any feedback is appreciated!!!

I'm wondering if I need to be paying attention to the handles changing color and getting darker? I have a LV Speedy that I bought new from the boutique in San Francisco, and over a 2 year period the handles ended up turning slightly darker than the rest of the vachetta leather. I wipe them down occasionally and do get dirt off them but I'm wondering if the Florentine handles will do that too? And if so, is there anything to be done to prevent it or slow it down? Any feedback is appreciated!!!

Mine isn’t heavily used so, so far, no issues, but I expect it to darken eventually which is why it sees little use :smile:

Reactions: southernbelle82
Mine isn’t heavily used so, so far, no issues, but I expect it to darken eventually which is why it sees little use :smile:
Same here - expect them to darken that is. I do wipe and I condition my bags, but the handles will of course get heavy use and due to lotions, sweaty palms, just natural body oil will darken them - but that's ok with me. You could scarf wrap the handles @southernbelle82.
Use and enjoy. :heart:

Same here - expect them to darken that is. I do wipe and I condition my bags, but the handles will of course get heavy use and due to lotions, sweaty palms, just natural body oil will darken them - but that's ok with me. You could scarf wrap the handles @southernbelle82.
Use and enjoy. :heart:
Yeah, I figured as much. I'm thinking maybe it won't be AS noticeable though since the Vuitton vachetta is so so light in comparison to the Dooney vachetta. I've just never seen this topic anywhere and was wondering.

Reactions: Lilybarb
Yeah, I figured as much. I'm thinking maybe it won't be AS noticeable though since the Vuitton vachetta is so so light in comparison to the Dooney vachetta. I've just never seen this topic anywhere and was wondering.

I did want to mention the even on well used naturals, it usually looks like the underside of the handle darkens more than the top side so you might not see it when it happens.