To Speedy or not to Speedy?

shopaholicsister

Chanel fever
O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
I've admired the Speedy for a while. In fact, I briefly owned a classic Speedy 30 in DA several years ago, but decided it wasn't for me and sold it. But ever since the Speedy B was released, I've been so tempted to get one. I drool over it every time I see someone carrying it. The strap will make it more usable for me and I can see myself loving the bag but here's the issue. I'm from the east coast of the US where you can find a Speedy (real or fake) on the arm of every other woman you pass in the street. Good news for me is that they are less common where I am currently living, these days it's the Neverfull on every other woman instead, lol. In any case, I wouldn't normally care about carrying the same bag as someone else, but when it is just SO ubiquitous, I start to feel like a sheep instead of chic (I hope that makes sense). I'm not super worried about the number of counterfeits of the bag because everyone I know in person knows I don't do fakes. Should I bite the bullet and get one? I guess even if I fall out of love with it because of how many I see, I could always just sell it, right? I just hate setting myself up to have to sell a bag down the road. I always thought I wanted it in monogram canvas but lately I'm into damier ebene and I don't even know who I am anymore wanting a DE Speedy B, lol. But it's a beautiful classic bag so why wouldn't I want it? Any advice, for or against, would be most appreciated. I want the 25 size. My current LV collection is small, with a cherry SC bag and a monogram Pochette Metis.

Btw, there was a gorgeous older woman at my dentist's office last week who looked absolutely fabulous in a monotone outfit and she was carrying a vintage monogram Speedy 25. I nearly fell over in awe at her chicness. It's moments like that which are making me obsess over the bag!

Get it! Like that lady at the dentist office demonstrated, it's all about how you style it. Maybe you can see this as a challenge to distinguish yourself from the crowd. :biggrin: The speedy B itself is a fantastic bag - super usable, easy to carry. The DE print very much lowkey (people who don't pay attention to fashion/luxury don't even know it's LV most times) which makes it much less awkward to carry in some situations lol.

Reactions: MeepMeep67
One of my best LV investments is the speedy b25 in mono. Consider me one of its biggest cheerleader. I live in a city where the print and style is very common. Yet, wherever I go it still draws a stare. Like all the good feedback before me, it’s really how you carry it and go with your heart!

I buy things because I Love it I don’t waste time dissecting other people and their collection. I also don’t judge people who don’t have the means yet to get what they deserve. If you want the bag don’t waste time concerning what others will think. It will make your bag experience so less enjoyable.

That bag is gorgeous!
It’s extremely practical and so chic. It’s a staple in the Louis collection, and will be around for years.
Don’t worry what others will think.
The fact that you are asking yourself and us this question, if buying it is affordable, you definitely should go for it :smile: :smile: :smile:

The Speedy 30 was the first bag I saved for and bought when I was in college. Used it for years then gave it to my sister. I bought many LV bags in different styles. Loved some and realized many did not work out for me for some reason or another after a few months or few years.
I have been trying to simplify my life and unclutter so I have sold or consigned or still have to sell a few bags. Right now I have the Speedy 35 and am really enjoying this style again. I had the 40for a few weeks but traded it to a relative and am selling that bag because I just like the Speedy better for my needs.
I think it is a great bag and If I ever want another speedy I would probably do the 30 with the strap just to give me a option of carrying it in the shoulder.

The Speedy 30 was the first bag I saved for and bought when I was in college. Used it for years then gave it to my sister. I bought many LV bags in different styles. Loved some and realized many did not work out for me for some reason or another after a few months or few years.
I have been trying to simplify my life and unclutter so I have sold or consigned or still have to sell a few bags. Right now I have the Speedy 35 and am really enjoying this style again. I had the 40for a few weeks but traded it to a relative and am selling that bag because I just like the Speedy better for my needs.
I think it is a great bag and If I ever want another speedy I would probably do the 30 with the strap just to give me a option of carrying it on the shoulder.