To sit flush, or not to sit flush? That is the question!

Sitting flush or a little gap??

• Flush!

• Gap!

Results are only viewable after voting.
My rings have to sit flush!! I recently reset my diamond into a halo engagement ring and had my wedding band custom made to fit flush with it. Let me find a pic for you. I included one pic of my e-ring without the w-ring for you to see.

Attachments

• HOF reset deck 007 wedding set 2a.jpg
    HOF reset deck 007 wedding set 2a.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,209
  • HOF reset deck 001 wset a.jpg
    HOF reset deck 001 wset a.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,898
  • HOF reset deck 2 010 b close up.jpg
    HOF reset deck 2 010 b close up.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,107
Last edited:
I prefer a gap because it makes them look like two separate rings. I have a split shank halo and my wedding band will be a shared prong eternity with no curve whatsoever. Having a curved wedding band doesn't look like a wedding band to me... just personal opinion.

I am a sit flush kind of a girl. I was only engaged a month ago, but my fiancé knows I am a nut about matching jewelry so he had my wedding band made at the same time he ordered my engagment ring so that the size and type of diamonds would perfectly match those on my e-ring. Here is how my ring will look once I have my wedding band.

Attachments

• my ring plus wedding band.JPG
    my ring plus wedding band.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 1,991
I only have a small 3 stone princess cut engagement ring so I went into my jewellers to try wedding bands on. I think I'm going to get a split wedder - which is onhe plain 18k white gold band on each side of my e-ring. They will sit flush with my ring and with one on each side will balance it out and hopefully make my diamonds look bigger!

I'm a gap girl. I generally don't like things to be too matchy and I find that wedding rings with a gap have a special charm. Then again, some types of rings do not lend themselves well to the gap and look definitively odd with it -- those rings should sit flush.