To Sell .. To Downsize.. into exotic.

megt10 just a small personal note i saw your bag in IG my god im so happy you did not leave it its simply beautiful. i have a hard time with SO but if anyone wears them perfectly its you and may i say well done on taking that kelly again its so beautiful. and it just being offered to you, amazing.

P.S you are also my inspiration for wearing flats i really could take lessons your flat lace up shoes wow amazing !!!!

Reactions: BBC and lulilu
megt10 just a small personal note i saw your bag in IG my god im so happy you did not leave it its simply beautiful. i have a hard time with SO but if anyone wears them perfectly its you and may i say well done on taking that kelly again its so beautiful. and it just being offered to you, amazing.

P.S you are also my inspiration for wearing flats i really could take lessons your flat lace up shoes wow amazing !!!!
Aww thanks so much. You are very kind. I have been having a lot of knee trouble so I haven't really had a choice in transitioning from heels to flats. I am just grateful that there are so many wonderful choices theses days.

Reactions: prepster and lulilu
I wish, I was an exotic bag kind of person, if I was, I would totally clean house. If you are thinking about doing it, DO IT! Less is more.
I have a collection of 10 bags and intend to keep it that way. I have all the right ones that fit my lifestyle, hence no urge to add more bags.

I think it is better with fewer bags that are used than a lot of the bags sitting in the closet unused. Having said that I do have a very hard time to part from my bags. If I could plan my H collection all over again there is at least one bag that I wish I had ordered with another specification (smaller size) but as it is a SO I just cannot let it go... If you feel you can downsize and instead get what you really want then go for it!

Reactions: Julide
Hi birkel!! I’m kind of wondering about this same thing right now. I adore every single bag in my collection but I’m wondering if I should offload a few to step into exotic territory. Some are less used than others. I only have a small collection but intend to keep it that way. I am very nervous to take this step because the price difference between the regular leathers and exotics is steep, and I much prefer a matte croc to ostrich so it really is a leap in price.

I’m wondering if you’ve made the jump or are still thinking about it? My SA has gotten me some special things, including two SOs that I’m waiting on, so he suggested starting to move into exotic next :eek:

I'm so glad you revived this subject. I too am having the same thoughts...Although I am still missing a couple of staples in my collection , my mind has wandered into exotic territory lately. My sa has tested the waters for me, showing me an exotic Kelly wallet, exotic jige (beyond gorgeous ) a Cherche. I bought a Jige trimmed in lizard to satisfy me for the moment. I am thinking that if not this year maybe next, but I will eventually take the leap.
Good luck and let me know what you decide.

Reactions: BBC
I did go for it and have kept some bags special bags to me and have started wearing them again *mini gold vuitton theda ... love it !!* ... but whats ironic is i have actually sold exotic bags .... because as i forced myself in this process, to wear the bags. one or more times to be sure... turns out more bolides stayed, more Birkins left. note i adored birkins as useful bags not trophies.
I have purchased a few exotics pieces but again ..... i am surprised to have discovered how much i adore small mid century bags and how much i buy Hermes for craftsmanship and not for presumption. so all in all a very good process i adore what i own now and adore knowing myself a bit more in terms of handbags ..... my true passion in the world of leather and dare i say it Couture.

thank you for the follow up darling best best best !!!!!!

Thank you birkel for raising this topic, i have been playing with this idea for so long to down size... but almost every bag i hv has its sentimental value so its a bit hard
And abt croc... i did it and it didnt work for me because i am a mother of 2 young kids whose life revolve around them... so maybe 2 crocs are enuf instead of 3...