To sell of not to sell that is the question!

becks.

Jun 6, 2010
So last Sunday I bought a Black Guccissima Abbey. I haven't taken her out to explore the city yet but my mom mentioned that her friend would consider buying the handbag off me. So my question is, do you think I should sell my first Guccissima and save up the money for a newer style or possibly a LV Eva Clutch that I have been eyeing? Or should I keep it because Guccissima is such a timeless material? I'm stuck! Although I think this handbag is fabulous, I also noticed that if I wear a thicker coat, the handles won't go over my shoulders. :-s I would really love some feedback.

Just incase you guys haven't seen the thread or have no idea what I'm talking about:
tumblr_ldagg2eWXG1qzmblro1_500.jpg

Well I would have to say the fact that you are even considering your friends offer probably speaks for itself. That your really maybe not wanting to keep it. Its a great bag, no doubt, but I know what you mean about when you get a bag over your shoulder when you want to. Maybe, and this is what I usually do when I'm not sure I wanna keep a bag, is go ahead and use it for a day or two and that will usually make up my mind. That way you can be sure its not just buyers remorse. Tough decision, good luck!

Well I would have to say the fact that you are even considering your friends offer probably speaks for itself. That your really maybe not wanting to keep it. Its a great bag, no doubt, but I know what you mean about when you get a bag over your shoulder when you want to. Maybe, and this is what I usually do when I'm not sure I wanna keep a bag, is go ahead and use it for a day or two and that will usually make up my mind. That way you can be sure its not just buyers remorse. Tough decision, good luck!

ITA, I get offers from friends, even strangers from time to time wanting to buy this bag or that, I don't even entertain the thought for a second because I bought the bags to have and to use.

When I first buy - I do sometimes go through a 'moment'.

Your new bag is a perfectly useful everyday bag that goes with everything so I guess if there's a bag you know you prefer.

Last edited:
Thanks smadden67 & papertiger! I guess initially when I bought the bag it was an impulse buy and I keep thinking about a different bag. But I'll make my final decision when I get a response from my mom's friend. If she doesn't want it, I'll love my abbey & if she does, well then, there's always something else that will really catch my eye!