To sell of not to sell that is the question!

becks.

Jun 6, 2010
California
So last Sunday I bought a Black Guccissima Abbey. I haven't taken her out to explore the city yet but my mom mentioned that her friend would consider buying the handbag off me. So my question is, do you think I should sell my first Guccissima and save up the money for a newer style or possibly a LV Eva Clutch that I have been eyeing? Or should I keep it because Guccissima is such a timeless material? I'm stuck! Although I think this handbag is fabulous, I also noticed that if I wear a thicker coat, the handles won't go over my shoulders. :-s I would really love some feedback.

Just incase you guys haven't seen the thread or have no idea what I'm talking about:

smadden67

Aug 19, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Well I would have to say the fact that you are even considering your friends offer probably speaks for itself. That your really maybe not wanting to keep it. Its a great bag, no doubt, but I know what you mean about when you get a bag over your shoulder when you want to. Maybe, and this is what I usually do when I'm not sure I wanna keep a bag, is go ahead and use it for a day or two and that will usually make up my mind. That way you can be sure its not just buyers remorse. Tough decision, good luck!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Well I would have to say the fact that you are even considering your friends offer probably speaks for itself. That your really maybe not wanting to keep it. Its a great bag, no doubt, but I know what you mean about when you get a bag over your shoulder when you want to. Maybe, and this is what I usually do when I'm not sure I wanna keep a bag, is go ahead and use it for a day or two and that will usually make up my mind. That way you can be sure its not just buyers remorse. Tough decision, good luck!
ITA, I get offers from friends, even strangers from time to time wanting to buy this bag or that, I don't even entertain the thought for a second because I bought the bags to have and to use.

When I first buy - I do sometimes go through a 'moment'.

Your new bag is a perfectly useful everyday bag that goes with everything so I guess if there's a bag you know you prefer.

Last edited:

becks.

Jun 6, 2010
California
Thanks smadden67 & papertiger! I guess initially when I bought the bag it was an impulse buy and I keep thinking about a different bag. But I'll make my final decision when I get a response from my mom's friend. If she doesn't want it, I'll love my abbey & if she does, well then, there's always something else that will really catch my eye!