To protect, not protect??? Lovin my bags

Syberbunni

Aug 13, 2015
I have a new Neverfull MM signature. I purchased the Lovin my bags kit. I am very anal, so I want to protect the leather. Now that the kit is here I am scared to pull the trigger. Has anyone used this? If so... do you like it? New to this, if I posted in the wrong area...Sorry!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 2,019
I used LMB and it works great, just a bit of a long process. I recently started using kiwi protect all and really love it! I don't spray it on because I don't want it on the canvas, but it's still much faster than the LMB. It is much easier to find and under $10 lol

Iv used mine on my brand new Marais MM, Alma MC and Tivoli! Vachetta is beautiful and has a beautiful sheen..colour hasn't changed at all. It's great at cleaning dirty vachetta too :smile:

I'm purchasing a preloved delightful which is in excellent condition with a very light patina can I still use a protectant since it's not virgin vachetta?View attachment 3102713
Here are the direction straight from Lovin my bags website

VACHETTA PRODUCTS
FOR NEW BAGS: Always test the product on a small, inconspicuous area first.

STEP 1 FOR NEW BAGS & GENTLY USED ** PRE-TREATMENT**

If your bag is NEW or lightly used , use Pre-Treatment to prepare the leather for protection. Apply a small amount of Pre-Treatment product to the special application sponge first then apply evenly to the leather. Make sure the product is completely absorbed before drying. Do not apply too much product and make sure to wipe the excess off from the stitches. Light, even coats are best. Dry with a hairdryer on medium setting. Apply a second coat and dry as before. Buff with a microfiber cloth then proceed to step 2. If bag is used and needs cleaning: use Vachetta Cleanser to clean the leather with a microfiber cloth, only if required. Pre-Treatment can then be applied or Proceed to step 2.

STEP 1 FOR USED BAGS - CLEANSE

CLeansing: Apply cleanser to microfiber cloth then apply evenly overall the leather surface - do not spot clean and do not scrub too harshly - this leather is sensitive. If the leather is very soiled - use the miracle sponge with the product - carefully clean the entire surface ( note that this sponge is abrasive and should not be used without the product) Leather will lighten when dry - for speeding up the drying process use hairdryer on medium setting. Proceed to step 2 for leather. Cleanser can be used to clean the coated canvas. Proceed to setp 3 for canvas ( do not use Vachetta Protection on coated canvas - use the conditioner with soil release as the protection.

STEP 2: USE EITHER THE PRE-TREATMENT OR THE VACHETTA PROTECT

Using Vachetta Protection will protect the handles from darkening due to handoils and will protect all leaher surfaces from water and oil stains. Apply the product to the special application sponge and then apply evenly and gently to the leather. Make sure that the product is completely absorbed into the leather before drying and that there is no excess on the stitches. Dry with a hairdryer on medium setting. Apply the second coat once the first coat is dry. Buff with the microfiber cloth when done.

STEP 3: CONDITION

Apply Vachetta Conditioner sparingly to the microfiber cloth and apply evenly to the leather. Make sure product is well absorbed into the leather before drying. Remove any excess on stitches. Air dry or use a hairdryer on medium setting to speed the drying time if required. Buff when dry to restore lustre. Can be applied to coated canvas as conditioner and protection. When using on coated canvas, allow product to air dry (do not use hairdryer).

Reactions: Kitkat76
What products did you use? I'm really worried about rain spots. I live in Florida so it's always raining :/

Well my most used handbag is my mon mono speedy i use it every single day for work come rain or shine.. i use the Lovin My bags cleanser and protector and then conditioner. I must stress that it does not totally repel water, BUT my bag doesn't have any water marks whatsoever, I'm in England so my bag has been caught in many downpours! I've heard people rave about the Kiwi protector and i think it repels water too.. iv never used it myself.

I'm looking at kiwi, Apple garde, and lovin my bags. Does anyone have any experience will all three that could offer some guidance of which is best on preowned vachetta?

I have all three lol. I tried Apple garde on a luggage tag and it left slight spots. This was the very first time I ever was going to treat vachetta. I was very careful and followed directions and TPF. I moved on to lovin my bags and it worked great but it got all nasty after sitting for 6 months and I didn't want to wait on shipping so I went to my local Target and got the Kiwi. The kiwi has been my favorite. It has been the easiest, no mess way and has protected amazingly!!