To keep or return

Andy1612

Andy1612
Aug 30, 2014
I just bought this beauty, she is a preloved large flap bag with calfskin.
She was kind of an impulse buy, I was passing by the store and saw that they had changed the previous price (3000 $) to 1500 $. She is in great condition, don't think she has been worn more than a couple of times. And she is gives off a more "relaxed" look than my caviar jumbo. I'm just not sure if the price was good or not, or did I just fall for the "on sale" trick? 😕😕

Attachments

• 1453585115273.jpg
    1453585115273.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 731
I think it happens on me sometimes when see "good deal" impulse purchases :smile: But I think it is not really "good sale deal" exists on Chanel IMHO, since its still thousand $$$, and for the amount of $1500, you could get something else that makes you feel happy without doubt. When you get second thought on anything, better to return once, then find the new one that makes you feel no doubt, makes your heart beat.. Good luck with your decision!

Do you really like the bag or are you having second thoughts?

I think it happens on me sometimes when see "good deal" impulse purchases :smile: But I think it is not really "good sale deal" exists on Chanel IMHO, since its still thousand $$$, and for the amount of $1500, you could get something else that makes you feel happy without doubt. When you get second thought on anything, better to return once, then find the new one that makes you feel no doubt, makes your heart beat.. Good luck with your decision!

Thank you both! I think that I will use her, i really like the relaxed look but it's more the price that makes me doubt :/

I like the bag, it looks like it's very easy to wear and might not have to be babied. Is is part patent, part calf-hard to tell? How large it it? It does look like a nice casual bag.

^^^^

I agree. It looks like a great larger more casual Chanel. Jumbo is about as big as it gets for me. It would be nice to have a handbag like this one. I love the (what appears to be) patent/calf mix.

$1500 is pretty good for such a nice handbag. But YOU have to be comfortable with it. I hope you keep it. It's pretty! :yes:

I like the bag, it looks like it's very easy to wear and might not have to be babied. Is is part patent, part calf-hard to tell? How large it it? It does look like a nice casual bag.

^^^^

I agree. It looks like a great larger more casual Chanel. Jumbo is about as big as it gets for me. It would be nice to have a handbag like this one. I love the (what appears to be) patent/calf mix.

$1500 is pretty good for such a nice handbag. But YOU have to be comfortable with it. I hope you keep it. It's pretty! :yes:

I agree as well! It is beautiful! [emoji7]

in the back of my mind when i buy i always think 'would i be able to sell this to someone else for what i am paying.' if no one else would pay me that amount for the bag, or if i couldn't consign it for within a small range of what i paid, then i usually won't buy it. from 3000 to 1500 is a huge difference in price, maybe find out what it originally retailed for to see if you're overpaying? i would be a bit bothered that it went down 50%, but it really comes down to use.. if you really will use and love it, then accept the price

in the back of my mind when i buy i always think 'would i be able to sell this to someone else for what i am paying.' if no one else would pay me that amount for the bag, or if i couldn't consign it for within a small range of what i paid, then i usually won't buy it. from 3000 to 1500 is a huge difference in price, maybe find out what it originally retailed for to see if you're overpaying? i would be a bit bothered that it went down 50%, but it really comes down to use.. if you really will use and love it, then accept the price

Yes that is what concerns me, it a huge difference.

^^^^

thank you Tulip! Yeah she is a beauty but 1500 is still a lot of money. Will try her here at home more today and see how she feels

Yes it's part patent and part calf, its almost the same size as the jumbo but it's seems smaller because the lack of the structure but it fits a lot more than the jumbo because of the same reason. Will try to take side by side pics.

I agree as well! It is beautiful! [emoji7]

Thank you!

If you feel you like the bag and will get lots of use out of it then I'd keep it. I'll admit I have several bags in my handbag collection which I've only used two or three times but those are ones that I like but baby and don't want to get damaged because they are rare bags.

If you feel you like the bag and will get lots of use out of it then I'd keep it. I'll admit I have several bags in my handbag collection which I've only used two or three times but those are ones that I like but baby and don't want to get damaged because they are rare bags.

I do like the look and the relaxed look of this bag, with my jumbo which is my HG bag i just feel a bit afraid of using it in some cases because I know how expensive it is. This bag feels more like a balenciaga or givenchy type of bag, relaxed and a bit more edgy.

I love big Chanel bags so I would say this is a KEEPER!!

Haha used it today and I must say that I'm in love! Soooo roomy and carefree