To buy or not to buy!!

jp23

jeska2333
O.G.
Jan 6, 2012
Hello Chanel girls! I have a huge struggle! I am new to Chanel (I owned a preloved small beige WOC once upon a time but have moved it on). I am currently working at a department store that offers 30% off a black small classic flap or 44% off a small boy. Even though this is an amazing deal it's still a whole lot of money. I am a full time college student and have parents that really really don't understand designer things. How should I tell them this is something I'm thinking of purchasing? Also I am very young (20) and am worried that when people see It on me they won't take me seriously. I know people that think a young girl carrying Chanel is either a spoiled brat that bought the bag with mommy and daddy's money, or that it's fake. So is it really worth me buying? I don't plan on working for a department store much longer especially because I'm about to graduate.. Any advice would be appreciated!

I'm 20 and I carry my bags around all the time. I think it depends on the environment. I think you should buy it! A deal like that is amazing I wish I could buy one with that amount of a discount too.

Are you living at home with your parents? Are you contributing to the household bills? If you are then I don't see why you have to justify to them what you spend your money on. If you don't pay board or contribute at home, then I can understand why your parents might get upset about what you spend your money on.

I think you should buy it too! I'm 20 and well I don't have a Chanel yet but next year when I go to Paris I will buy myself a boy and I'm going to wear it all the time and not care what others think :biggrin:

Are you living at home with your parents? Are you contributing to the household bills? If you are then I don't see why you have to justify to them what you spend your money on. If you don't pay board or contribute at home, then I can understand why your parents might get upset about what you spend your money on.

Right now I live at home and parents pay for my school but i pay for gas my school supplies. I also leave enough in my account for them to take if they were to need it.

I will be moving out again in September but the bag purchase will be made for my 21st birthday in December (I can use my Christmas and birthday money for the purchase too). Also I will have 6 months no interest to pay it off if I choose to. I buy a lot of mulberry which my parents are used to I usually sell one before I buy another too but as much as I love mulberry it's a lot cheaper than Chanel.

Right now I live at home and parents pay for my school but i pay for gas my school supplies. I also leave enough in my account for them to take if they were to need it.

I will be moving out again in September but the bag purchase will be made for my 21st birthday in December (I can use my Christmas and birthday money for the purchase too). Also I will have 6 months no interest to pay it off if I choose to. I buy a lot of mulberry which my parents are used to I usually sell one before I buy another too but as much as I love mulberry it's a lot cheaper than Chanel.

Also to add I don't drink or go out much right now my concentration is work and school.

Then go for it. Bargains like this don't come along often and it is a bag that will last you for years. Good luck and don't forget to do a reveal….:smile:

There are thousands of posts here of people who say they should have purchased the classic flap when they first thought about it because of the constant price increases. In essence, your discount for a brand new bag is the equivalent of a used bag sold on one of the consignment websites.

Get the classic flap.

I bet your parents also want you to have a nice 21 birthday. Some parents let their kids go to Vegas or have a huge party which cost quite some cash as well. If getting a bag is all you want, I think they will understand, especially if you use your own money to buy it.

Hello Chanel girls! I have a huge struggle! I am new to Chanel (I owned a preloved small beige WOC once upon a time but have moved it on). I am currently working at a department store that offers 30% off a black small classic flap or 44% off a small boy. Even though this is an amazing deal it's still a whole lot of money. I am a full time college student and have parents that really really don't understand designer things. How should I tell them this is something I'm thinking of purchasing? Also I am very young (20) and am worried that when people see It on me they won't take me seriously. I know people that think a young girl carrying Chanel is either a spoiled brat that bought the bag with mommy and daddy's money, or that it's fake. So is it really worth me buying? I don't plan on working for a department store much longer especially because I'm about to graduate.. Any advice would be appreciated!
Morning JP :wave:

If you really love the flap or boy bag, this is an opportunity not to miss. You can always sell a Mulberry to help offset the cost, which will help appease your parents. But, if you're buying it because it's a good price my suggestion would be to leave it.

:smile:

The 2 choices you are considering are beautiful classics that will see you through life for every occasion - formal or informal. And you are getting a really good deal for both! If you pass up on this now, you will probably not get to purchase either of them at this price again.

I think it is wonderful that you will be using your own hard-earned cash to get your own Chanel. If you ever get anyone putting you down for it and insinuating that you are a brat for using mama and papa's money to get it, you should set things right and tell them you paid for it yourself!!!

If you do get it, you have to be comfortable taking the plunge. If you don't, hey, it will eventually be yours, if you really want it to be.

You are a student and probably will not be working at that store for long time. My two cents, take the opportunity and get the classic flap, 30% off is a serious price reduction for that bag.