To Buy or Not to Buy: White Raffia Tweed

I've had an Ivory Chanel bag for years (and I mean years). I think a white Chanel for Summer can't be beat, neural and a pop. I also adore the tweed bags, and this one isn't plagued with CHANEL all over. I think it's fabulous and would be turning my head if I saw it out and about.

That's not to say it won't look 'less than pristine' in some years. It will not stay as new. You have to balance the pros and cons for yourself. I'd be keeping longterm anyway, firstly, I'd use as a 'for best' bag and later would just enjoy. If you're someone that likes to sell on, I would think again.

That's not to say it won't look 'less than pristine' in some years. It will not stay as new. You have to balance the pros and cons for yourself. I'd be keeping longterm anyway, firstly, I'd use as a 'for best' bag and later would just enjoy. If you're someone that likes to sell on, I would think again.
100%
But I’m the type of person who thinks a brand new bag is actually less appealing than something that has some age

• Love
Reactions: papertiger
Hi ladies, this has been on my mind and have an opportunity to buy for the store price. Does anyone own and can speak to the wear and tear? Thank you!View attachment 5833713
I bought this bag remotely and returned it as soon as I received it. The ‘raffia’ felt like plastic and there was a mark on it already from being handled in store. It also felt very floppy with not much structure. Beautiful to look at but quality very poor IMO.

I agree I was really excited about this one - I love raffia but this didn’t feel like raffia it felt like it was made from plastic bags. I asked my SA and she said it’s definitely raffia but I have previously raffia bags from Chanel that are such good quality

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red