To buy or not to buy Prada Saffiano Lux

princessluxury

good girl gone bad
Jun 12, 2009
Every year hubby will buy me one bag. I always have my eyes on prada for long time.

Saw few threads about the quality of saffaino bag, and make me scared to get one.

Does most of you have problem with the quality after purchase? Did you regret buy one?

Last edited:
I haven't had an issues with mine. I did find it a little wavy on the front after not using it for a few months, but storing it flat on it's back seems to have resolved it.

I love having this bag in my collection. I got this in Cammeo and whilst I LOVE the colour, my only 'regret' is that I don't take her out as much compared to my dark coloured bags as I am always so worried about it. Though a bag is bought to be used so I need to make myself get her out of the closet more!

I also had some hesitation but I ended up buying the Saffiano tote in Cammeo and love it so much! I say buy only in person so you can inspect the bag!

Every year hubby will buy me one bag. I always have my eyes on prada for long time.

Saw few threads about the quality of saffaino bag, and make me scared to get one.

Does most of you have problem with the quality after purchase? Did you regret buy one?

I haven't had an issues with mine. I did find it a little wavy on the front after not using it for a few months, but storing it flat on it's back seems to have resolved it.

Same here!
Last december i bought my saffiano tote in pomice and she's still in great condition. Don't hesitate to buy this beautiful bag!

at the end of the day you just need to treat it as a bag, not a baby. I found myself enjoying my saffy much better after I stopped obsessing about the quality problems. Prada quality surely has dropped but if you really really like the style, just take it.

I also had some hesitation but I ended up buying the Saffiano tote in Cammeo and love it so much! I say buy only in person so you can inspect the bag!
Agree. You need to buy it in person to inspect all sides (stitches and hardware). They definitely have flaws on their bags. If you like the style, just go for it. You can never go wrong with saffiano! Im loving mine :heart::heart::heart:

I'm in the same position I absolutely love this bag but am worried too over the quality issues.I only buy in store so I can go inspect it but I guess that dosnt stop issues happening with it later. Hmm to take a chance or not so undecided.

I have brought 2 saffiano lux 1801 and I've had no problems what so ever with them. I purchased them both from the store and was able to choose from a couple of different models. I think the key is to buy instore and not online - they do have a 2 year global warranty, so if anything was to happen at least it can be fixed.