To buy Coach Jewelry or not to buy?

classymommy

<3 Coach & Tiffany's
May 14, 2009
Hi TPFer's
I been thinking about buying my 1st piece of Coach Jewelry..I love my silver & platinum tiffany's but I'm ready to switch to the gold..but is coach the right jewelry for me? I would love to see pics your coach jewels! Thanks B)

I don't own coach jewlery and for some reason it doesn't appeal to me...I have seen it in real life and I don't see myself wearing it....I don't think it's worth it, I'd rather pay for something else cheaper but real...

If you like the designs and wearing the label, then Coach jewelry could be fun. But, if I recall, gold tone Coach jewelry is plated and not gold metal.

If you're looking to try gold (and you're already buying silver and platinum), I would suggesting going for 'real' gold - meaning 14K-18K gold. You can even try baby steps - going to gold gradually - with pieces like Yurman's with silver and gold.

I personally love my Coach handbags, but I don't see myself wearing the logo in jewelry. In fact, I tried on a few pieces in the store with the intention of buying, but they really didn't strike me as jewelry I would want to wear regularly. Just me, though :smile:

im truly a huge coach fan but i think the jewellery is quite over priced for what is essentially costume pieces. i mean it is all plated metal and enamel (some pieces are sterling though) i would worry about scratching the enamel- then what?

I tend towards real gold myself, and the name isn't important to me because I won't wear logo pieces anyway. If you love the jewelry and the brand matters to you, then it is worth it. I just think you can get better bang for your buck with jewelry without the names attached.

I tend towards real gold myself, and the name isn't important to me because I won't wear logo pieces anyway. If you love the jewelry and the brand matters to you, then it is worth it. I just think you can get better bang for your buck with jewelry without the names attached.

great advice, personally, I wouldn't I'd rather get real gold pieces..

The sterling silver is good quality. The gold plated pieces are expensive and the gold color is very brassy. I have a bracelet from 2-3 yrs ago that is the gold plated and solely use it as a bag charm (too small and garishly gold, bought for that purpose only). Be aware all the bracelets are 7 inchers too. There is better quality costume jewelry at the Coach pricepoint.

It is not serious jewelry. Fun, but I can get "fun" pieces at a much lower price. When it comes to Coach, I'll stick to bags and leather accessories. Save your money and get gold. *Unless you really have to have it.

I have three of the charm bracelets and a watch. Their jewelry is overpriced, but I buy it at the outlets. I did, however have a problem with the daphne bracelet, which tarnished a bit. When I first got it, it was a gorgeous bright gold. Today, it is has an almost copper tone to it, but then again, the same thing happened with a Juicy Couture Necklace. So I say, if you love a particular piece, get it. Otherwise, it's not worth it. The watches on the other hand, are stylish and durable. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I have accidentally banged mine against something, and I have yet to see a scratch.