Tivoli PM with Strap, Yes or No~

kyuis2004

O.G.
Jan 18, 2010
Hi Girls:

I owned a Tivoli PM and rarely use it. Recently I told my aunt that the reason I do not use it as often is because I like shoulder bag more then top handle bag. Yesterday I got a be-lated X'mas gift from her, a LV shoulder strap. She got it for me so I can put on my Tivoli PM and make it become a shoulder bag.

Here is some Mod shots...what do you girls think? Does it look good at all?????

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 8,597
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 5,863
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 5,272
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 4,920
I wanted to do the same thing with my speedy 30 when I first got it just to have versatility with how I can carry the bag.

When I tried it on in the boutique with the strap, the SA advised me not to wear my speedy as a shoulder bag because eventually the weight of your bag (when you have everything you carry inside of it) distributed between the two straps will pull the leather out of shape - the little leaf cut-outs on the side of your Tivoli

She also told me that a lot of customers have come in complaining about the pulled leather from wearing hand held bags with the shoulder strap, but there is nothing LV can do about it because that's how leather pulls naturally when gravity is pulling it down. I'm sure if LV could fix the pulled straps if you wanted to pay $$$ for it.

In my opinion, don't use the strap! Either sell your Tivoli IF you know you're not going to use it that often....or just carry it as a handbag! I'm more of a shoulder bag girl too, but I LOVE my Tivoli pm, it's a unique shape and different from the numerous Speedy's out there!

Hope this helps!

I think it looks pretty good, except that that particular strap is fairly wide. Can you return/exchange the strap for one of the narrower adjustable straps? Since you most likely won't be using the shoulder strap ALL the time, probably won't cause any permanent distortion of the bag. Or, you could try selling the PM and replacing with the Tivoli GM that already works as a shoulder/hand bag...