Tips on shipping to Russia or Mexico?

ihsu

O.G.
Jan 26, 2006
I've recently gotten offers from Russia and Mexico. I've never shipped to either country. I typically use USPS Priority or Express for the tracking, but it sounds like sometimes that is useless. The items are ~$100 and $300. How can I protect myself?

Thanks!

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
I have shipped to both Russia and Mexico with no problem at all. I used a tracked system (called EMS in Japan). Use whatever is equivalent for the USA. Good luck.

wis3ly

O.G.
Aug 17, 2008
I've recently gotten offers from Russia and Mexico. I've never shipped to either country. I typically use USPS Priority or Express for the tracking, but it sounds like sometimes that is useless. The items are ~$100 and $300. How can I protect myself?

Thanks!
Ship with USPS Express Mail. It's usually expensive like $30-40, but it only takes 5-7 business days or less. It has $100 complimentary insurance with the service, but I recommend you insure it FULLY. Express Mail also has online tracking number.

kat99

O.G.
Jun 20, 2006
Just a warning that shipping to Russia carries some customs implications, they can be pretty annoying and hold it forever