tiny pimple on bottom lip keeps coming back

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I have this tiny pimple-like thing in my lower lip - almost at the corner of the mouth. I keep putting vitamin A&D ointment on it and it will go away but will come back in the same spot.
I went to the dermatologist (my primary care doctor referred me to an older derm guy). Derm said he didn't know exactly what it was but that it was not noticeable. He could freeze it if I wanted or I could just leave it alone. Freezing would be somewhat painful and would cause temporary disfigurement.

Because it wasn't noticeable (and I asked the nurse if she could see it at a normal distance), I decided to avoid the pain and temporary ugliness. But it does bother me. I can feel the little hard thing.

Has anyone had this?
I have to admit because of the location, I was also a bit afraid that something could go wrong if he messed with it and I could look like a stroke victim. I know this isn't really logical as he wouldn't be cutting, only freezing.

It sounds like it could be a mucocele. My husband had one on his lower lip. The oral surgeon told him the same thing--he could remove it but it would be painful and not fun, and there was a good chance it would go away on its own. And it did! Maybe wait a while and see if it starts shrinking. Good luck! :smile:

It sounds like it could be a mucocele. My husband had one on his lower lip. The oral surgeon told him the same thing--he could remove it but it would be painful and not fun, and there was a good chance it would go away on its own. And it did! Maybe wait a while and see if it starts shrinking. Good luck! :smile:
thanks
It has gone away multiple times but keeps coming back
According to the doctor, no one but me and my makeup mirror can see it