Tiffany Victoria - which size to choose?

Hello, I don't mean to hijack your thread but I couldn't start one (says insufficient privilage), but I wanted others' opinion as I'm extremely undecided.

Do you guys think I should go for the rose gold or the platinum? Which suits my skin tone better? In theory I know platinum makes diamonds shine brighter, but when I tried the rose gold it looked really good too.

Some says platinum suits the victoria design better as it blends in, but I just can't make up my mind!

The sizes shown in the photos is the large, but I'm purchasing the medium. They didn't have medium in both metals in stock hence I tried one size larger.

View attachment 5042450
Platinum

View attachment 5042452
Rose gold

View attachment 5042454
Both side by side

The SAs are not exactly helpful as some voted for the rose and some the platinum.

Opinions appreciated!
I vote for the platinum setting

Reactions: Loverofpink
Hello, I don't mean to hijack your thread but I couldn't start one (says insufficient privilage), but I wanted others' opinion as I'm extremely undecided.

Do you guys think I should go for the rose gold or the platinum? Which suits my skin tone better? In theory I know platinum makes diamonds shine brighter, but when I tried the rose gold it looked really good too.

Some says platinum suits the victoria design better as it blends in, but I just can't make up my mind!

The sizes shown in the photos is the large, but I'm purchasing the medium. They didn't have medium in both metals in stock hence I tried one size larger.

View attachment 5042450
Platinum

View attachment 5042452
Rose gold

View attachment 5042454
Both side by side

The SAs are not exactly helpful as some voted for the rose and some the platinum.

Opinions appreciated!
Hi! Platinum for sure. It looks stunning on you. It’s the choice of metal for high jewelry. Platinum never changes color. The Victoria line has many other pieces in platinum to match. Pink gold is trendy now as it once was years ago but then faded. Platinum is forever.

I vote platinum. :smile:

Hi! Platinum for sure. It looks stunning on you. It’s the choice of metal for high jewelry. Platinum never changes color. The Victoria line has many other pieces in platinum to match. Pink gold is trendy now as it once was years ago but then faded. Platinum is forever.

I vote platinum. :smile:

Thank you!

You do have a point, and the more I look at the photos the better platinum looks. Store lighting just makes everything look good!

But I guess I should probably stick with my first instinct and go for the platinum :biggrin:

Reactions: BigAkoya

I prefer the platinum, but I think that you should go with the one you like best. If there's a clear winner in your mind, don't let anyone talk you out of it just because it isn't classic enough. On the other hand, if there isn't a clear winner, then I think you should go back and try them on again, spend some time thinking about it, and wait until you're sure before you make any decision. You want it to be a piece you will love forever.

Personally, I love the Tiffany Victoria in the platinum – but then, I prefer white metals in general. With that said, I do like the aesthetic of a diamond pendant on a gold chain, especially when the shade of gold is somewhat similar to the wearer's skin tone. My own favourite necklace is a DBTY solitaire in yellow gold, and I love the way that the diamond pops while the gold chain recedes into my skin tone (my skin tone is actually far more pink than yellow, but I'm just not a fan of rose gold). On the other hand, I still prefer the Tiffany Victoria in platinum, and to me that will always be the ideal pairing.

I gather from your user name that you like pink a lot more than I do! If pink is your favourite colour, then I would imagine that preference won't change even if trends do. It might be useful to think about yourself – rose gold might be the trendy metal of the moment, but if you have an enduring love for pink then will you care if the trends change? That might be the most important question to answer.

I vote for platinum as well but it‘s all based on your personal preference. All my Tiffany jewelry are in WG/platinum/silver including the V earrings. I believe Victoria in RG only became available recently due to returning popularity of RG. You can’t go wrong either way with this beautiful design.

I prefer the platinum, but I think that you should go with the one you like best. If there's a clear winner in your mind, don't let anyone talk you out of it just because it isn't classic enough. On the other hand, if there isn't a clear winner, then I think you should go back and try them on again, spend some time thinking about it, and wait until you're sure before you make any decision. You want it to be a piece you will love forever.

Personally, I love the Tiffany Victoria in the platinum – but then, I prefer white metals in general. With that said, I do like the aesthetic of a diamond pendant on a gold chain, especially when the shade of gold is somewhat similar to the wearer's skin tone. My own favourite necklace is a DBTY solitaire in yellow gold, and I love the way that the diamond pops while the gold chain recedes into my skin tone (my skin tone is actually far more pink than yellow, but I'm just not a fan of rose gold). On the other hand, I still prefer the Tiffany Victoria in platinum, and to me that will always be the ideal pairing.

I gather from your user name that you like pink a lot more than I do! If pink is your favourite colour, then I would imagine that preference won't change even if trends do. It might be useful to think about yourself – rose gold might be the trendy metal of the moment, but if you have an enduring love for pink then will you care if the trends change? That might be the most important question to answer.

Hi victorianca, thank you for your long and thoughtful reply!

Yes you are right, ultimately I'm the one wearing and loving it regardless of trends. I do love pink a whole ton, but while I love rose gold, I just couldn't pull the trigger right away so looking back, maybe that says something about what I actually want. I'm usually pretty partial to rose gold, although through experience and my own jewellery collection, I know that I have a cooler skin tone, and silver always looks stunning on me while yellow gold makes me look jaundiced. Rose gold is like the happy in-between choice.

I'll definitely be heading down to the stores to try both on again, although I'm thinking platinum will probably win in the end as I'm huge on the sparkle factor.

And yes I love how my rose gold DBTY chain just melts into my skin leaving a "floating" diamond effect! Though it might not work as well with the victoria since there is a certain element of design to it compared to the dbty which is just a round cut diamond.

Nonetheless, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! :smile:

Reactions: Victorianca
I vote for platinum as well but it‘s all based on your personal preference. All my Tiffany jewelry are in WG/platinum/silver including the V earrings. I believe Victoria in RG only became available recently due to returning popularity of RG. You can’t go wrong either way with this beautiful design.

Oh wow I didn't know rose gold was a more recent addition! Having only started collecting tiffany not too long ago, I always thought victoria came in both.

I agree, the victoria looks great either way, so I guess the only way for me is to try them both again under better/natural lighting next time. :smile:

Last edited:
Tiffany introduced their own pink-toned precious metal back in 2012 called Rubedo. It didn’t seem to catch on as much as far I know. Then around mid-2010s, they came out with a range of jewelry in RG. One thing you may want to ask others on the forum is whether Tiffany’s RG fades (mellow to be more yellow) over time. Cartier’s RG bracelets tends to fade to become more YG like over the years/extended wear. There are many threads on Cartier forum on this topic. Should be okay for necklaces though. I don’t have any Tiffany RG so I can’t say.

Tiffany introduced their own pink-toned precious metal back in 2012 called Rubedo. It didn’t seem to catch on as much as far I know. Then around mid-2010s, they came out with a range of jewelry in RG. One thing you may want to ask others on the forum is whether Tiffany’s RG fades (mellow to be more yellow) over time. Cartier’s RG bracelets tends to fade to become more YG like over the years/extended wear. There are many threads on Cartier forum on this topic. Should be okay for necklaces though. I don’t have any Tiffany RG so I can’t say.

Oh no I didn't even think about the issue of fading. :sad: I would be pretty upset if Tiffany's rose gold does fade to a yellower color in time, as I'm not a fan of yellow gold at all. I know white gold does with the whole rhodium plating issue. Thanks for the heads up, I'll scour the forum for more information on that.

So after thinking about it for a long time and trying the 2 necklaces again, I finally pulled the trigger.

20210408_095513.jpg20210408_095613.jpg20210408_095940.jpg
Yes, the platinum won! :biggrin:

I was seriously 50-50 between platinum and rose gold, and I still do love the rose gold, but after trying again in stores, there was just something extremely timeless and classy about the victoria design in platinum. And it looked bigger than the rose gold counterpart so that's always a win.

I also realised that my hands were yellower compared to my neck, and platinum didn't look as good on my wrist vs on my neck unless it's a tennis bracelet (a girl can dream...).

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for your helpful thoughts and advice in making this purchase! :smile:

Last edited:
So after thinking about it for a long time and trying the 2 necklaces again, I finally pulled the trigger.

View attachment 5048333View attachment 5048334View attachment 5048335
Yes, the platinum won! :biggrin:

I was seriously 50-50 between platinum and rose gold, and I still do love the rose gold, but after trying again in stores, there was just something extremely timeless and classy about the victoria design in platinum. And it looked bigger then the rose gold counterpart so that's always a win.

I also realised that my hands were yellower compared to my neck, and platinum didn't look as good on my wrist vs on my neck unless it's a tennis bracelet (a girl can dream...).

Anyway, just wanted to thank you all for your helpful thoughts and advice in making this purchase! :smile:
This is beautiful! Great choice and congratulations!