Tiffany E-ring diamond sugguestions

loulou32

Mar 2, 2018
Hi there,

I'm completely new to here, but have been doing some searches for the past few days and found some great advice on how to pick the right stone, however when it comes to real practice its still hard.

Few weeks ago received my first T ring by surprise, he knew at the time I want to go to the store to have a proper look so we did the next day.

We gave out our selection range, arounrd 1.2, H colour, 3 ex, VS1 plus Ame's magical cheat sheet on cut, and came back with below options,

Option 1: 1.2 crt, H, VS1, 3ex, Depth 61.8, Table 56, Crown angle 34.5, Pavilion angle 41.1, Girdle Faceted
Option 2: 1.16 crt, G, VS1, 3ex, Depth 62.1, Table 58, Crown angle 34.9, Pavilion angle 41.1, Girdle Faceted
Option 3: 1.17 crt, G, VS1, 3ex, Depth 62.5, Table 58, Crown angle 35.4, Pavilion angle 41.0, Girdle Faceted
Option 4: 1.23 crt, H, VS1, 3ex, Depth 62.5, Table 56, Crown angle 35.2, Pavilion angle 40.8, Girdle Bruted

Apparently non of them are with in the ideal cut; i'm not sure if the SA understood that all four ranges need to be met with every stone, or simply there isn't one available?

Are they worth considering? or just keep looking?

Thanks in advance

Finally got back from the SA with few more options and have narrowed down to the below two!

Colour: H , H
Clarity: VS1, VVS1

Depth: 61.2, 61.2
Table: 56 , 55
Crown Angle: 34.3 , 34
Pavilion Angle: 40.9 , 40.6
HCA Score: 1.3 , 0.6

Price: 21.5 K vs 25K USD

Is it worth getting the 25K one in your opinion? Or should we have a look at both just to see which one is more pleasing to the eye?

Any suggestions are appreciated

Finally got back from the SA with few more options and have narrowed down to the below two!

Colour: H , H
Clarity: VS1, VVS1

Depth: 61.2, 61.2
Table: 56 , 55
Crown Angle: 34.3 , 34
Pavilion Angle: 40.9 , 40.6
HCA Score: 1.3 , 0.6

Price: 21.5 K vs 25K USD

Is it worth getting the 25K one in your opinion? Or should we have a look at both just to see which one is more pleasing to the eye?

Any suggestions are appreciated

I would go with what's most pleasing to your eye.

You should look at what is most pleasing to the eye. I went through the same thing. I asked the SA to pull specs and rings for me. She brought in the three that I had narrowed down to. I thought for sure I would pick a certain one but that one sparkles the least. My first choice ended up being the cheapest of the three! I was completely surprised.

Specs are to help eliminate, but you need eyes to decide.

Good luck! So exciting!

Reactions: Shopgirl1996
Also, ask the SA if you can take it outside in the sunlight. She will freak, but insist and the Tiffany bodyguard will accompany you. I narrowed the rings down to two and was able to take both outside at the same time. They knew I was a serious buyer which you are too so it should be fine. Your SA will have to ask the mgr of course.

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm completely new to here, but have been doing some searches for the past few days and found some great advice on how to pick the right stone, however when it comes to real practice its still hard.

Few weeks ago received my first T ring by surprise, he knew at the time I want to go to the store to have a proper look so we did the next day.

We gave out our selection range, arounrd 1.2, H colour, 3 ex, VS1 plus Ame's magical cheat sheet on cut, and came back with below options,

Option 1: 1.2 crt, H, VS1, 3ex, Depth 61.8, Table 56, Crown angle 34.5, Pavilion angle 41.1, Girdle Faceted
Option 2: 1.16 crt, G, VS1, 3ex, Depth 62.1, Table 58, Crown angle 34.9, Pavilion angle 41.1, Girdle Faceted
Option 3: 1.17 crt, G, VS1, 3ex, Depth 62.5, Table 58, Crown angle 35.4, Pavilion angle 41.0, Girdle Faceted
Option 4: 1.23 crt, H, VS1, 3ex, Depth 62.5, Table 56, Crown angle 35.2, Pavilion angle 40.8, Girdle Bruted

Apparently non of them are with in the ideal cut; i'm not sure if the SA understood that all four ranges need to be met with every stone, or simply there isn't one available?

Are they worth considering? or just keep looking?

Thanks in advance

One more item.. I went with a knife edge band but if you are considering an eternity or something with diamonds, be sure to try it together. Tiffany’s eternity bands are F-G.

I’m so excited for you! I love seeing another Tiffany fan! Best wishes.