Tiffany & Co. "Large" Chain?

Nov 14, 2012
Has anyone ever seen the Tiffany & Co. 18" Large Chain in sterling silver?

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/ite...+1-c+298241-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+1-t&sku=GRP02117

I was at my local Tiffany today (an hour from my home) and popped in to see it in-person, but the store doesn't stock it. (Not a big surprise.) :rolleyes:

I'm wondering.. Has anyone seen this? How does it measure up to the standard pendant chain (which, in my opinion, appears quite delicate)?

I'm guessing that the photo on the Tiffany website isn't very helpful, as Tiffany is well-known for their exaggerated use of the ZOOM feature!! :giggles:

According to Customer Service, the chain's diameter is 2.79mm... Does anyone have a chain of similar size that I might reference? It would be more of a men's chain, correct?

Last edited:
I haven't been in a TCo boutique in ages, but I can't imagine that even at 2.79mm the chain would look at all very thick. I think it would work for a man or woman, assuming you want a chain that is more visible and less dainty.

Has anyone ever seen the Tiffany & Co. 18" Large Chain in sterling silver?

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item.aspx?cid=298241&mcat=148204&selectedsku=22878336&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+298241-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+1-t&sku=GRP02117

I was at my local Tiffany today (an hour from my home) and popped in to see it in-person, but the store doesn't stock it. (Not a big surprise.) :rolleyes:

I'm wondering.. Has anyone seen this? How does it measure up to the standard pendant chain (which, in my opinion, appears quite delicate)?

I'm guessing that the photo on the Tiffany website isn't very helpful, as Tiffany is well-known for their exaggerated use of the ZOOM feature!! :giggles:

According to Customer Service, the chain's diameter is 2.79mm... Does anyone have a chain of similar size that I might reference? It would be more of a men's chain, correct?

I have this chain. It is much more substantial than the typical pendant chain, but I don't think it's manly. Lol. I bought it to wear with my crown key. I attached a photo. HTH.

image-3500845071.jpg