Tiffany & Co. Jewelry

I have a couple of pieces but I think that it's way overrated. Also, the fact that every other person walking down the street is wearing it makes it overpriced but not unique...

Well I think there is a difference between getting the lower end pieces which are widely copied and of their higher-end pieces. I don't really see many pieces in gold or platinum around or anything with stones around. Its mainly the silver and especially those return to Tiffany pieces that I often see. I have some pearl earrings that I love and I think they're luster is quite special compared to what I see people wearing, but I'm not an expert on pearls.

I have looked at other jewelers, but I wear only 18k and 22k so its hard finding that and good diamonds, at least I keep seeing pieces even in 18k with SI1 or SI2 diamonds at the local places here with the exception of somewhere that costs more than Tiffanys.

I love it, as simple as that. 95% of the gifts my boyfriend has given to me are things from Tiffanys, and most of hte stuff I've bought him is from there as well. There's just something so classy about it, I can't explain it. It hits my girly side, and the stuff they make for men is really nice, in my opinion. If people can spend a lot on a purse, what's wrong with spending money on jewelry?

I used to LOVE Tiffany's (and my diamond engagement ring is from there) and I have a number of Elsa Peretii gold pieces.

If you don't know your diamonds (or don't know of any trusted jewelers) then I agree that Tiffany is a great reliable source assuming you know that you are gong to somewhat pay for the comfort factor. However, I agree with Lilach that Tiffany is kind of list on my list -- I have somewhat graduated from Tiffany. There are many jewelers that have comparable or similar pieces.

Cartier, Bvlgari, Winston, etc. are the places that have the real special, breathtaking pieces. Although these stores, in my opinion, are somewhat intimidating to go into the door, you should go and look!

As much as I like Tiffany, majority of my girlfriends have at least one Tiffany jewelry. I tend to like to wear similiar jewelry as my friends so I prefer other jewelers. BF sworn to me he would never buy me anything from Tiffany because he sees it all the time on other people. :lol:

LV Rawks said:
I love Tiffany's...it is a bit expensive though.

At least it's the least expensive amongst the 'well-known' jewellers anyway.

Around 1 carat D/IF
@ Tiffany = £20400
@ Van Cleefs can't remember but less than De Beers
@ De Beers = £24000
@ Cartier = £25000
But then all of them has a £10000 markup because 1 D/IF Hope diamonds cut but not marketed by De Beers are only ~£14000:lol:

I follow the crowd so I have 1.3 D/IF Tiffany ring:lol:

i dislike cartier, for the sake that its very traditional i.e. jewler of royalty, and i prefer ultra modern, I can understand how someone can love it but in my opinion its overated, personally hate the love collection, i find the symbol very unattractive and plain, the trinity range is nice and a symbol of the company, yes the haute jewlery is TD4 but the average person cannot afford that or at least not very often, and when Cartier droped all their low entry prices they were almost forced to close down due to a loss of more than 10% in sales!, thats when the tiffanys phase really kicked in and everyone ran to the return to tiffany collection. I feel similar about tiffanys, they are overpriced but can cut a good diamond you pay through the nose (like with all houses), i wont be running to buy from either house until i can afford to be drowned in it, I dont justify thousands and even millions for a peice of jewlery unless your born into an empire and you have a tonne of money to burn. if i were to buy jewlery from a designer it would be from bulgari or georg jenson, they are modern and beautiful but too overpriced and i would be resticted to low entry prices

I'm of two minds about Tiffany's. The silver and everyday pieces are definately overpriced and cliche. When I see a tiffany bag on the street I think 'sucker!'. (and I'm not a very judgemental person) ;)

BUT I have this small, private jeweler whom I buy from (the best option if you can find one) and she said something unexpected in our correspondence a couple of months ago. Now, she is VERY hard to please - she uses only F colored, perfectly cut diamonds and that's for accent stones. Her prices are high, of course, but sooo worth it.

Anyway after mentioning the machinations she's gone thru finding reliable, excellent sources of top quality stones she says 'really Tiffany has the best diamonds in mass market jewelers'. Tiffany???? Thunk. Now when she said 'mass market' I think she was excluding, you know, Harry Winston and even Chopard because they aren't as accessible. Tiffany's is everywhere by comparison. But still. The last thing I expected her to say.

Personally, I love Tiffany jewelry, whether it is silver or platinum. All of the jewelry my boyfriend has bought me has been from Tiffany's. In fact, so is pretty much all of the jewelry I wear. I don't really pay attention to whether or not it is "over" or that too many people have it. I love it, so why should I stop wearing it? Plus, a couple of the pieces I have, I have never seen anyone else wear. This one is my favorite, my boyfriend gave it to me for Christmas:

tiffany lace ring.jpg

summertime said:
I'm of two minds about Tiffany's. The silver and everyday pieces are definately overpriced and cliche. When I see a tiffany bag on the street I think 'sucker!'. (and I'm not a very judgemental person) ;)

BUT I have this small, private jeweler whom I buy from (the best option if you can find one) and she said something unexpected in our correspondence a couple of months ago. Now, she is VERY hard to please - she uses only F colored, perfectly cut diamonds and that's for accent stones. Her prices are high, of course, but sooo worth it.

Anyway after mentioning the machinations she's gone thru finding reliable, excellent sources of top quality stones she says 'really Tiffany has the best diamonds in mass market jewelers'. Tiffany???? Thunk. Now when she said 'mass market' I think she was excluding, you know, Harry Winston and even Chopard because they aren't as accessible. Tiffany's is everywhere by comparison. But still. The last thing I expected her to say.

i have to agree with your jeweler. i think alot of tiffany silver is fun, but their tiffany diamonds are incredible. my bf bought me a pair of diamond studs (F, colorless, basically flawless) and they bling and glitter like mad. people literally stopped me to ask about them the first time i wore them bc they were thatamazing in quality. :love:

imho, i love tiffany's bc i'd rather have a tiffany diamond that can be a heirloom piece. it's classic and forever!

(of course, anything harry winston is tdf!)