Thread-end on my Re-issue (^_^)

_V_

Sep 26, 2008
Hi all,
I just received my Re-issue, bought from Chanel boutique in USA.

I only used it once yesterday. At home now and inspecting the bag with x-ray eyes. I found a thread-end coming out in the middle of the stitching. The thread-end was fraying.
It's on the top flap, right-hand side, when i'm facing the bag unopened.
I was tempted to trim the end or try to pull out the near-affected area if the entire thread will come loose.
I didn't do anything yet until I consult the ladies here.

I attached 2 enclosed pics here, what are my options now?
I'm not from USA. =(

Any TPFer from Sg has a similar experience?
Can I send it to the Sg boutique and will they repair it for free?
The SA are not the friendliest or should I just bear with it?
:sad::confused1::nogood::shrugs:

IMGP0300.jpg

IMGP0303.jpg

If it's bothering you badly, just send it into your local Chanel for repair. You're the customer, so I don't think the local SAs should have any reason to give you an attitude. :yes:

I can't really see it, but pretty sure the Chanel boutique in Sg will fix it for you free since its new. I paid $35 to fix a thread on my baby cabas but that's 2 years old. Good luck!

So sorry to hear this. Some of the Singapore SAs are quite nice. Better to bring it to the boutique and not try to do anything to the bag yourself. It should not matter where you got your bag from....

Having said that, I must say that I find the LV SAs much more friendlier!

I went to Singapore once, and repaired my Chanel at the store in Takashimaya..
One of the SA was really helpful...I dont find her snotty at all..
Unfortunately I didnt ask for her name tho..She has long hair with bang and kinda tall, I think..you could always try..

or you can ask for the SA you bought the bag from..

sadly, SAs in the asian regions arent as friendly...:confused1:

I think it's kinda like a 50-50 issue. I've bought some of my Guccis and Pradas from Singapore before and I haven't encountered any snotty SAs. (I don't even think they earn as much as their US counterparts!) But I did encounter a very insolent Loewe SA with the most asinine behavior I've ever seen in anyone in retail, though. (That story I would leave to some other time!:P) Good luck!!

I went to Singapore once, and repaired my Chanel at the store in Takashimaya..
One of the SA was really helpful...I dont find her snotty at all..
Unfortunately I didnt ask for her name tho..She has long hair with bang and kinda tall, I think..you could always try..

or you can ask for the SA you bought the bag from..
Chanel Singapore - try Zurina or Seedly. But they will probably recommend you to a Mr Minute for repairs.