Thoughts on watch and jewellery combination?

Lady_Stardust

Nov 28, 2020
I'm lucky enough to be receiving a watch as a gift for a milestone birthday. Gifter's budget is $1,000USD. This is my first watch, so I want to know it's something I'll wear a lot. I work in a conservative profession and want a classic piece I can wear to work. Most of my jewellery is yellow gold, but for my budget I think stainless steel is the best option (so design needs to work with my gold jewellery). Thoughts on the Tissot PRX 35mm with the mother of pearl dial (see photo)? Originally had tried the light blue dial, but I think the mother of pearl is a bit more feminine and ties in better with the other jewellery. Please excuse my dry hands in photo, but would welcome thoughts on (a) the watch itself, and (b) whether it's out of place or works with my jewellery! Thank you!

436834537_956620799239136_5585622966229067253_n.jpg

These are such helpful comments, thank you all so much!! Will pop into Tissot again and try those other models before making a decision. I know that in about 5-10 years I’m buying myself a Panthère de Cartier watch, so I don’t want a bracelet style that’s too similar. But of course, I’ll be wearing this one for a while before that watch is an option, so I want to get a lot of wear out of this one!

Happy upcoming Birthday! :yahoo:
Personally I don't think it's too big and think it looks great, nice and clean look. But I would probably not go up in size further.

Stainless steel is a great choice! Durable and classic.

But yes, try on lots and lots of models! Great to see other options and since you know you're going to get one, might as well take the time to have fun trying them on! :biggrin:

Happy upcoming Birthday! :yahoo:
Personally I don't think it's too big and think it looks great, nice and clean look. But I would probably not go up in size further.

Stainless steel is a great choice! Durable and classic.

But yes, try on lots and lots of models! Great to see other options and since you know you're going to get one, might as well take the time to have fun trying them on! :biggrin:
Thank you so much! Yes, I’m really excited about this one but need to chill out and make sure I know all the options first hahaha

I like it. To me it’s clear that it isn’t a dress watch but more as an everyday beater, I like the size for that purpose. Did you end up getting it?
Thank you! I agree about the size being good for everyday, and I'm kind of liking the contrast of more masculine bracelet with feminine mother of pearl dial. Seems quite an interesting contrast, and very different from the Cartier panthere which is the dream watch I know I'm buying myself a few years down the line! Haven't bought the Tissot yet, as I still need to go back in and try the other models kindly suggested above. But I am leaning toward getting this one, the more I think about it and look at the photos the more I like it!

Thank you! I agree about the size being good for everyday, and I'm kind of liking the contrast of more masculine bracelet with feminine mother of pearl dial. Seems quite an interesting contrast, and very different from the Cartier panthere which is the dream watch I know I'm buying myself a few years down the line! Haven't bought the Tissot yet, as I still need to go back in and try the other models kindly suggested above. But I am leaning toward getting this one, the more I think about it and look at the photos the more I like it!
Try out suggestions, but make sure you get what looks and works best for you and your lifestyle. I hate to regret purchases!

Reactions: Lady_Stardust
Try out suggestions, but make sure you get what looks and works best for you and your lifestyle. I hate to regret purchases!
This is great advice! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts. Excited to say that I’ve decided to get this one! I waited a few days and thought about it to be absolutely sure. I appreciate the opinions of people who thought it was a little too big, I wanted honest feedback and definitely agree it’s big! The slightly edgy bigger size plus feminine dial were such a cool combination that I decided I had to go for it. Thank you again everyone for your thoughts, so excited to have my first real watch!

This is great advice! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts. Excited to say that I’ve decided to get this one! I waited a few days and thought about it to be absolutely sure. I appreciate the opinions of people who thought it was a little too big, I wanted honest feedback and definitely agree it’s big! The slightly edgy bigger size plus feminine dial were such a cool combination that I decided I had to go for it. Thank you again everyone for your thoughts, so excited to have my first real watch!
Lovely! We all would enjoy seeing it when you finally have it. Congrats!

Reactions: Lady_Stardust
Lovely! We all would enjoy seeing it when you finally have it. Congrats!
Thank you so much! Here it is! (Please excuse the terrible manicure.) It's hard to capture the shimmery effect of the mother of pearl on camera, but I think I got a bit of it! I'm experimenting with wearing my tennis bracelet on the other wrist, and that seems to be working better - bracelet is slightly long so it was getting caught under the watch, and I didn't want to scratch up either. Have pulled out a couple silver rings to mix metal and make my overall look a bit more cohesive. I'm having fun playing around with it haha! Thank you again everyone for your advice!
436646115_432502259372554_1078775512897125413_n.jpg441112458_1893249577802521_4125456253017245569_n.jpg