Thoughts on these boots?

If I can be honest I do not like them on you. They are way too chunky and clunky. The top seems too bulky and clown like without any curves. I actually like the first pair you wanted but didn’t have in your size way better.

My 15 years old has the DMs and they look awesome on her. But she’s 5’10 wearing size 10.5 so they look really good. But there such a fine line between looking good vs not. In this case they look too bulky for your slim figure.

If I can be honest I do not like them on you. They are way too chunky and clunky. The top seems too bulky and clown like without any curves. I actually like the first pair you wanted but didn’t have in your size way better.

My 15 years old has the DMs and they look awesome on her. But she’s 5’10 wearing size 10.5 so they look really good. But there such a fine line between looking good vs not. In this case they look too bulky for your slim figure.

I appreciate your honesty. I’ve decided to pass on them.

Reactions: MoyJoy
I think they are more trendy than classic. I have the pair you initially wanted and while they are a nice classic combat style, to be honest the lace up-only feature makes them a huge pain to get on and take off! I find that I don’t reach for them as much for this reason. I really wanted the quilted combat boots with side zippers but I think I missed out this season. I have a pair of Roger Vivier combats with a crystal buckle and absolutely adore them.

I think they are more trendy than classic. I have the pair you initially wanted and while they are a nice classic combat style, to be honest the lace up-only feature makes them a huge pain to get on and take off! I find that I don’t reach for them as much for this reason. I really wanted the quilted combat boots with side zippers but I think I missed out this season. I have a pair of Roger Vivier combats with a crystal buckle and absolutely adore them.

I agree with it being a pain to take on and off. I tried the tweed version of the ones I originally wanted and they were difficult to get on and off. Apparently the ones I wanted are completely sold out in my size. I tried a pair that had pearls on them which I loved but my husband said they looked too much like Doc Martens. They didn’t have my size anyway. I tried the classic combat boots in the burgundy colour but I think this style, while more practical, is a bit too casual for my style.

Attachments

• 3BCD133D-EC32-4A5E-955A-B0EB2852483F.jpeg
    3BCD133D-EC32-4A5E-955A-B0EB2852483F.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 261
Super cute in my opinion! They have that Dr. Marten combat boot vibe but without the grungy details. The patent toe cap and pearl eyelets in particular are lovely details.
THIS!!! You are not too thin for them, you can rock these! They are just a nice style combat boot, and most combat boots take after doc marten. Nothing too clunky about the soles. The soles are nice and proper and probably actually very comfortable. I like them on you, and sure your legs are slim but you rock those boots well!!! Doesn’t matter whatsoever. I like the ones you showed in the message above as well. Hope you find something

Reactions: Gabs007
I really love the combat boot trend and wanted to invest in some Chanel ones with a rubber sole that I could wear in the rain. I’ve been desperate to get hold of a pair and had my eye on the simple black ones with the pearl on one side. Unfortunately my local boutique did not have my size in the ones I was looking at and my SA was having trouble sourcing them in my size. I was considering the classic tall pair but thought they might look a bit masculine (and do they have a leather sole as opposed to a rubber one?). My SA brought out a pair that I would never have considered. I thought they looked awful on the display but when I tried them I quite liked how they looked. The eyelets have tiny little pearls running around them. My SA was raving about them saying how amazing they were on me but I just don’t know. I like them and think they look really cool but the very thick sole just isn’t me. I love how they look from the front but wondered if they looked a bit odd from the side with the thick sole (like an orthopaedic shoe!!) especially as my legs are so skinny. I also wondered if they were too trendy and not classic enough to keep for years. What do you think? Honest opinions please.
Super cute!

Reactions: honeybunch
Are these currently in stores? I quite like them.

you mean the ones with the single pearl and the velvet laces? I think they are now sold out in black everywhere (I’m in the UK) but the tweed ones were available.

THIS!!! You are not too thin for them, you can rock these! They are just a nice style combat boot, and most combat boots take after doc marten. Nothing too clunky about the soles. The soles are nice and proper and probably actually very comfortable. I like them on you, and sure your legs are slim but you rock those boots well!!! Doesn’t matter whatsoever. I like the ones you showed in the message above as well. Hope you find something

thank you! I passed on them. I actually really liked them (the chunky oversized boot trend is very “in” at the moment and I loved the little details on them) but I couldn’t get past the other comments (especially the one that said that they were like clown shoes!) and I wasn’t sure about the very chunky soles as they were like a platform. If it weren’t for the platform sole I think they would have looked better on me. My husband didn’t like them on me either. I’m going back to the boutique next week as my SA has the pearl ones in my size so hopefully they will work out better.

Last edited: