Thoughts on the Jumping?

aksaiyo

O.G.
Aug 8, 2013
I recently became interested in a style called “Jumping” on the CL website.
IMG_1238.jpg
IMG_1242.jpg
It seems that it’s decently popular with celebs, Gal Gadot and Bella Hadid plus others have worn it
IMG_1240.jpg
IMG_1241.jpg
IMG_1243.jpg
Anyone here own this or tried it? How is it comfort wise? How does it compare to the Iriza or Pigalles in comfort? Did the strap dig or rub? Or was it wonderful, keeping the foot in place for more secure walking?

Edit: typo

I have them in black patent. I got them is my usual CL 38.5 but they are a little teeny bit looser than my Pigalle Follies and So Kate’s. I haven’t yet worn them out of the house, but I love that the strap adds a different feel and helps the shoes feel more secure due to the slight looseness.

Reactions: aksaiyo
So I tried on one Jumping and one of my PF’s so I could better gauge the differences/similarities. The toe box is wider/looser, but the heel is still snug. And the cross strap has a small elastic portion so it’ll fit a variety of foot shapes without looking or feeling too tight.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: mal and aksaiyo
So I tried on one Jumping and one of my PF’s so I could better gauge the differences/similarities. The toe box is wider/looser, but the heel is still snug. And the cross strap has a small elastic portion so it’ll fit a variety of foot shapes without looking or feeling too tight.

Hope that helps!

It helps a lot! I definitely want a pair in black now, instead of another pair pigalles (I have a pair of nude pigalle 100s), this one seem more interesting probably will be more comfortable!

Reactions: mal
I recently became interested in a style called “Jumping” on the CL website.
View attachment 4074358
View attachment 4074359
It seems that it’s decently popular with celebs, Gal Gadot and Bella Hadid plus others have worn it
View attachment 4074361
View attachment 4074360
View attachment 4074362
Anyone here own this or tried it? How is it comfort wise? How does it compare to the Iriza or Pigalles in comfort? Did the strap dig or rub? Or was it wonderful, keeping the foot in place for more secure walking?

Edit: typo

Love these in either color, but I would probably only feel comfortable wearing them with a long bottom (maxi dress, full- or close to it - length pant) because I think it would break up the look we all covet when we show our bare legs, which is that they go on for miles and miles.

Just my two cents on what could be a very minor, or maybe even insignificant, consequence of the cross strap and how it affects the leg’s and foot’s proportions.

Love these in either color, but I would probably only feel comfortable wearing them with a long bottom (maxi dress, full- or close to it - length pant) because I think it would break up the look we all covet when we show our bare legs, which is that they go on for miles and miles.

Just my two cents on what could be a very minor, or maybe even insignificant, consequence of the cross strap and how it affects the leg’s and foot’s proportions.

Agreed!

I’ve yet to wear my pair, but I’ve only envisioned them with pants or maxis.

Reactions: aksaiyo
Interested in getting more info about Jumping...
So far my experience with CL hasn’t been one of the best, my VP and Open Clic are sitting in my wardrobe unused, they’re not the most comfortable shoes I own and other designers get my preference, I admit.
But I just can’t get over how CL shoes look so sexy and eye catching, and the Jumping could be a good compromise since the heel isn’t so high and the strap may keep the foot in place.
Plus, I don’t have a pair of black patent shoes!
Any other experience?