Thoughts on the Charlie with Rivets in oxblood?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I ordered this from Macy's at 40 percent off. I love the oxblood with the brass colored rivets but I don't like the feel of the leather on this bag. I love the size and function of this style too. To keep or not to keep, that is the question............

Syren likes this.
  2. I have the page 27 in oxblood rivets and the brass with the oxblood color is just so warm and rich. This is a 1941 bag so the leather is divine. I also have a Charlie in Dark Berry, since it’s a non-1941 bag the leather is a lower quality but for this style I think the stiffer leather will help the bag to keep its structured shape so I’m ok with it. I own 2 Charlie bags, I love the style and it is the PERFECT work bag for me!

I recently returned a Clarkson bag in the Cadet color because the leather was stiff and plastic-y and didn’t work well for the slouchy style IMO. Like you it just didn’t feel nice to me. I probably won’t purchase any slouchy style bags with the regular line leather but if the bag is structured I think it can work for my preferences. HTH!

Wendyann7 likes this.
  4. I agree that the stiffer leather is better for the Charlie to keep its shape. It is a lovely bag in the oxblood with rivets @Wendyann7 but you have to love it.

Syren and Wendyann7 like this.
  5. Thank you for your response! I love the style, function and the color combo and will have to adjust that it’s not the same leather as my 1941 bags. I agree that the style of Charlie needs the stiffer leather. Thanks for solidifying my decision to keep it!

Syren likes this.
  6. I hope you end up loving it! I have a few items with that style of rivets, I just love how simple and chic they look

Wendyann7 likes this.