Thoughts on the Alma BB

luxsnob

Jun 29, 2014
Seriously considering getting the Alma BB as an everyday/crossbody bag. Returned the PM Reverse.....

For Alma BB owners, do you use it daily? What prints hold up well? (Lots of rain and snow where I’m at...)

TYSM!

Last edited:
Seriously considering getting the Alma BB as an everyday/crossbody bag. Returned the PM Reverse.....

For Alma BB owners, do you use it daily? What prints hold up well? (Lots of rain and snow where I’m at...)

TYSM!
What made you return the reverse PM out of curiosity?

I have been wearing mine as a daily bag since 2016. I live in a really rainy climate and it’s been great. It’s in DE and only has one minor spot of wear where I clumsily bumped into something. You have to be a light traveler for it to work. For work days I usually bring my Alma and a Longchamp tote with my lunch, water bottle, etc. It’s been a go-to bag for a long time!

I sort of think the pochette metis is getting a bad reputation from these posts about issues. I have the mono, reverse and brogue and no issues. My mono was the original model I bought when it was released. Happy to read nice things about the bag!!!!

You are lucky. I bought one when it first came out, zero buzz about it yet, and my lock was messed up. I bought another about a year later and it was popular, but still easy to get. Walked into boutique and walked out with it. That one cracked. I didn't buy another one.

I had the Alma BB in Noir and liked it for quite some time. However, I'm a really causal person and it felt dressy to me. More like a special occasion bag, so I ended up selling it. I think the DE is more causal, so it would be great as a daily bag. The base does stick out a little, but that never bothered me.

All that stuff will fit if you have a soft case for your sunglasses.

I've always admired the Alma BB from afar. But for those of you who own it, do you find the opening very restricting? I mean, I know you can open it all the way, but does your hand get caught by the zippers from time to time?

Also is the Alma BB very lightweight? Compared to Gucci Soho disco and Balenciaga first, is the Alma BB relatively light?

Reactions: Rani
I've always admired the Alma BB from afar. But for those of you who own it, do you find the opening very restricting? I mean, I know you can open it all the way, but does your hand get caught by the zippers from time to time?

Also is the Alma BB very lightweight? Compared to Gucci Soho disco and Balenciaga first, is the Alma BB relatively light?

I've never found an issue with the opening or with my hand getting caught by the zip personally.

I just compared the weight with my soho disco, just an estimate but I found the weight comparably similar. I definitely don't find the bag heavy at all.