Thoughts on Spike Flaps? Pros? Cons?

Buy it or not?

• Total voters

iqaganda

Rica
O.G.
Nov 26, 2006
So sorry if this was posted in the past, but I can’t seem to find it over the search option..

Anyway, I have my eyes on a Neutral Pink Spike Flap Lambskin Medium... But it seems it didn’t get much positive reviews from YT...
Anyway, this is the perfect place to ask from personal experience.. any pros? Cons? I love it but it seems it doesn’t hold its shape and its wear and tear.. Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated! Thank you!!

So sorry if this was posted in the past, but I can’t seem to find it over the search option..

Anyway, I have my eyes on a Neutral Pink Spike Flap Lambskin Medium... But it seems it didn’t get much positive reviews from YT...
Anyway, this is the perfect place to ask from personal experience.. any pros? Cons? I love it but it seems it doesn’t hold its shape and its wear and tear.. Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated! Thank you!!

Image 2.jpg
I love the spike bags! I own a suede one and a aged skin (wrinkled) version in Medium
and I love them SO much! I don't have any lambskin from Valentino and I don't know if it ages well
or is sturdy, I always avoided smooth leather anywhere! (bad experience with Chanel's lambskin leather)
The wear and tear on them is good, so far I had mine for 2 years or so and they still look great,
but I do baby my bags though lol And yes it gets a bit slouchy when you fill it up but trust me,
it gives it even more cuter look.

I honestly love it and just waiting to get a 3rd one in python or a special material :smile:

Reactions: jbags07
If you're careful with your things, I don't think lambskin is a concern. I own two as well and mine are fine, and although I don't baby them, I do look after them. As for sagging, if you don't overstuff or use it daily, it should be fine. Worst case, cut a piece of styrofoam for the base to keep its shape.

Because you're considering a light color, it will be a bit more high maintenance than a darker color like black. Other than that, I say go for it.

I know this a late response but figured I contribute anyways. I had a large spike in navy and loved it. The only reason I no longer have is because it was too close to my Chanel classic flap jumbo which was also in navy. I ended up gifting the spike to my mom. I had no issues with the lambskin on the spike. I tried not to overstuff it but also put enough item in it as I didn't like the look of it being collapsed. I mainly wore the bag with the chain strap.

If I found this bag in another color that was missing in my collection I would definitely get it.

4DBD3047-E01E-4D39-AAE8-EF5931743C30_1_201_a.jpeg

Added pic for reference. I do think the spike has a classic look with an edge and even when off trend one would still look good rocking it.

Hi there,

I have mine Valentino Garavani Rockstud Spike medium in grey (sorry, I dont have the picture with me). I love it, I am gentle with all my bags and things in general so I am not that much worried about the future condition.
Only thing surprised me while i first wore it - if you wear it as cross body - the chain rolls a bit to you neck. It will not stay between shoulder and the neck (not sure how to call this area, sorry:smile:) as nice as pochette metis for example. And also - if you have just delicate top - you will feel the spices through the fabric:smile:. It is not painful, but I noticed.
I know this bag looks better to be worn in hand but sometimes I prefer comfort over the style.

Hope this helps with the overall picture.