Food Thoughts on eating lobster and foie gras - cruel or not?

i eat both. i do find a lot about eating animals cruel and it often grosses me out. i was a vegetarian for 12 years, started back on eating animals when i got with my husband. not sure why. but lobsters i especially love and have no issue eating them. i don't buy live lobsters to cook however.

I was just wondering what most peoples thoughts were on boiling lobster and eating foie gras. I have never eaten lobster as I have always thought it to be cruel and I don not eat foie gras either. My mother in law is an animal lover and won't buy anything that is tested on animals but she eats foie gras and lobster and my fiance wants foie gras on out menu for our wedding next summer ( I do not want this and think it will be a wasted dish anyway as I think most people will not choose it).

Anyway I have been googling about lobsters and apparantely the squealing they do when being bolied is actually gases leaving their bodies not them squealing. Also, scientists say they don't feel pain as they have no brain. I was just wondeirng what the general consensus is?
i have read that they reaally feel pain
I was just wondering what most peoples thoughts were on boiling lobster and eating foie gras. I have never eaten lobster as I have always thought it to be cruel and I don not eat foie gras either. My mother in law is an animal lover and won't buy anything that is tested on animals but she eats foie gras and lobster and my fiance wants foie gras on out menu for our wedding next summer ( I do not want this and think it will be a wasted dish anyway as I think most people will not choose it).

Anyway I have been googling about lobsters and apparantely the squealing they do when being bolied is actually gases leaving their bodies not them squealing. Also, scientists say they don't feel pain as they have no brain. I was just wondeirng what the general consensus is?

Selena is right. This website gives more information. It's very interesting:

Delicacy of Despair: http://www.gourmetcruelty.com/inv.php

About Foie Gras

Foie GrasFrench for fatty liveris the grossly enlarged liver of a duck or goose. Medically known as hepatic lipidosis, foie gras is a disease marketed as a delicacy. Birds raised for this gourmet cruelty are force-fed enormous quantities of food through a long metal pipe three times a day. This process of deliberate and painful overfeeding continues for up to a month, by which time the birds livers have swelled up to twelve times their healthy size.
terrible!

The geese at properly run foie gras farms are under less stress during their lives than wild geese. I’ve never had a issue with eating foie gras personally.

Lobster I also have no issues with. I just don’t like it.