Thoughts on Cashmere Capes?

What kind of cape are you thinking?

There are some that are open and some that have a closure (like with a button or buckle).
There are some that have slits or designated arm holes or sleeves, or others that do not and arms are just underneath.

Are you thinking more of a poncho, one that usually you need to pull your head through an opening or an actual cape that you throw over your shoulders?

Hi! The two that I am considering are loro piana's belted salzberg cape that allows you to cinch the waist for a bit more fitted shape and the LP short "buttoned cashmere cape" that closes only with one snap at the top. Both are a bit of a splurge so I need to decide if worth it. DH saw the belted version on me and loved it. I am typically a tailored long lean coat kind of girl, but considering broadening my horizons :smile:

Reactions: lill_canele
allows you to cinch the waist for a bit more fitted shape

DH saw the belted version on me and loved it. I am typically a tailored long lean coat kind of girl, but considering broadening my horizons
Sounds fabulous. I would wear it with pants of any kind particularly full legged trousers or a long lean skirt. :smile:

I tried on very soft LP camel colored cape recently (one size), if I was taller I probably would have bought it. I also think I prefer coats.
Yes! I love a long lean coat too! I think with capes, it's all about finding the right proportion in terms of length and volume to suit one's height and style preference. I did decide to get the salzberg and hope it will be a nice addition to my wardrobe. I am slowly learning to branch out a little in terms of style. :smile: