Thomas Wylde Original or New Style?

You are correct, winternight that the bag is heavy in weight. It's such a great bag though. I bought my TW at Barneys Coop and their return policy is 30 days, so I better act fast if I'm going to return it. I just need to call them and ask if they ordered the grey version. Does anyone know if the grey is a true grey or a pearlized grey?

Love my Chloe said:
Oh my God! I didn't know that this bag came in grey! I thought it only came in black. I just bought the black baby portabello skull bag Thomas Wylde, but now I'm thinking of returning it and getting the grey one instead. I have noticed that the zipper sticks a little which is surprising for such an expensive bag. I know that the one Lindsey is carrying is much bigger than the one I bought, but it also a bit pricier. What to do????:shrugs:

Love my Chloe & rollergirl,
How does the baby portabello compare to the original skull bag? Size? Does it have the skull studs?

I just got my gray oxford the one Lindsay was carrying and I LOVE IT.... will post photos soon. :yahoo:

rollergirl said:
I have the gray Baby Portobello and love it. The gray is sort of mildly distressed or faded looking, like a softened black. But it's really gray, not pearlized.

Hey, I didn't know that the baby portabello comes in the grey color. Good to know. I actually got a hold of my girl at Barneys Coop and she is currently looking for either the baby portabello or the larger version (the one with the two handles that doesn't feature a skull) in grey for me. What is the larger style called (the one lindsayis carrying)? Does it have a name? Handbag.com fashion: You really should know... about Thomas Wylde
Can't decide what size I prefer. I do like big bags!

justonemore said:
Love my Chloe & rollergirl,
How does the baby portabello compare to the original skull bag? Size? Does it have the skull studs?

I just got my gray oxford the one Lindsay was carrying and I LOVE IT.... will post photos soon. :yahoo:

Hello Justonemore! I'm dying to see your bag! :nuts: Please post pictures soon! Is oxford the color of the bag or the style? I only ask because I don't know the style name of the bag that Lindsay is carrying. Let me know. Here is what the baby portabello looks like Thomas Wylde. It doesn't feature the studded skull. The original skull bag only features one strap plus the studded skull face, right?

Love my Chloe said:
Hello Justonemore! I'm dying to see your bag! :nuts: Please post pictures soon! Is oxford the color of the bag or the style? I only ask because I don't know the style name of the bag that Lindsay is carrying. Let me know. Here is what the baby portabello looks like Thomas Wylde. It doesn't feature the studded skull. The original skull bag only features one strap plus the studded skull face, right?

Love my Chloe,
If you look on page one of this thread you will find a link to the Oxford Circus bag that someone had on Ebay. Mine is just like the gray one/the exact one Lindsay has!! The gray is beautiful and just a little softer than the black. I hope to post pictures tomorrow, waiting for my friend who has a camera! Did you compare the size of your baby portabello to the original?? just wondering if there is a big size difference? I like the fact that the skull stud is not on the baby.
(chloe-babe posted the links -- see page 1.)

justonemore said:
Love my Chloe,
If you look on page one of this thread you will find a link to the Oxford Circus bag that someone had on Ebay. Mine is just like the gray one/the exact one Lindsay has!! The gray is beautiful and just a little softer than the black. I hope to post pictures tomorrow, waiting for my friend who has a camera! Did you compare the size of your baby portabello to the original?? just wondering if there is a big size difference? I like the fact that the skull stud is not on the baby.
(chloe-babe posted the links -- see page 1.)

Justonemore, if you don't mind me asking how much is the Oxford Circus bag? The baby portabello is about $1800. As far as the size difference between the baby portabello and the original, I don't think there is that much of a difference from what I can remember. I do know that the Oxford Circus bag is much bigger and roomy. Do you feel that your bag is heavy in weight?

It was $2365. The issue with the Oxford is it has NO pockets anywhere! It is probably heavier than the original Skull bag, but then again I'm use to carrying my Chloe Paddy and my MJ Stam, so I don't really feel a big difference.

Love my Chloe,
Do you like the baby portabello or are you going to exchange it for the Oxford? ..... what I love about the baby is the tabs that hold the chain to the bag - the cross/skull piece.

justonemore said:
It was $2365. The issue with the Oxford is it has NO pockets anywhere! It is probably heavier than the original Skull bag, but then again I'm use to carrying my Chloe Paddy and my MJ Stam, so I don't really feel a big difference.

I knew it was pricier than the portabello. I do know that the oxford doesn't have any outer pockets, but that doesn't seem to bother me. I too am use to carrying my Chloe Paddy and my MJ Stam, so I guess I can get use to the Oxford too. Does the zipper on your Oxford stick?

justonemore said:
Love my Chloe,
Do you like the baby portabello or are you going to exchange it for the Oxford? ..... what I love about the baby is the tabs that hold the chain to the bag - the cross/skull piece.

I was planning on exchanging it for the Oxford, but I guess that will all depend if my girl at Barneys Coop can find it in the grey for me. I guess it will come down between the Oxford for the Portabello in grey. I never realized that the Oxford doesn't feature the cross/skull hardware. Hmmmm....:hrmm:

The zipper on the Oxford is a riri zipper, so we know it's good quality. It does stick a little, but my thoughts were it was so new that I just needed to break it in??
The Oxford has plenty of skull heads, so don't worry about that issue .......... I just like the baby for my second TW because I like the fact that a) no big skull face and b) I like the tabs as mentioned above on the chain bag attachment.

justonemore said:
The zipper on the Oxford is a riri zipper, so we know it's good quality. It does stick a little, but my thoughts were it was so new that I just needed to break it in??
The Oxford has plenty of skull heads, so don't worry about that issue .......... I just like the baby for my second TW because I like the fact that a) no big skull face and b) I like the tabs as mentioned above on the chain bag attachment.

Are you going to buy the Portabello? And if so, what color? Just curuous.;)

justonemore said:
Yes, I would like to buy the Baby ......... since I have the gray Oxford, I will buy the baby in black.

If my girl finds the Oxford for me, do you want me to let you know when I return mine, so you can buy it? Just thought I would help you out...:angel: